JX's in the Mexican Army!

by Ivor Hope 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Fred, you've got a lot of love and occasionally you let some out, when you forget to pretend to be a Dub. Keep it up!

• Perry
    Perry

I dawned on me recently that the reason this policy was allowed was because decades earlier the WBTS had lied about being a religion and only claimed to be a cultural organization. This allowed them to own the property the brothers bought.

Just like the "Oh what a tangled web we weave" nursery rhyme taught us, things only get more complicated when built on lies. If you're a cultural organizion, you can't have a bunch of zealot nuts flooding your courts on religous conscience matters can you? Oh no, Jehovah wouldn't want that would he? You might lose your non-religious staus and have to obey Ceasar or something...maybe fork over the property you fradulently own no, no, no, no we'll have none of that.

Since the money thing isn't an issue anymore and religions can own property, it wouldn't surprise me if the WBTS isn't seeing the glimmering of new light on the matter coming up on the horizon. Jehovah may want them to "educate the brothers consciences" down there by serving up a heapin' helpin' of "food at the proper time".

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

I lived in Mexico for about two and a half years. I never heard of this story, but it wouldn't surprise me. Mexico is nortorious for corruption and taking bribes and after hearing several of the stories involving the Watchtower it probably happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit