Has the org changed their position on associating with non-JW family?

by Wild_Thing 12 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Its really all about witnessing to them in non-confrontational ways, letting them know you care, love them, and not trying to push religion, to open doors and win them over with reasonableness.

• steve2
    steve2

I'll be short - but not sweet:

1) The organization's position of those who have been disfellowshipped or disassociated has absolutely NOT changed: AVOID.

2) The Watchtower's position on family members who've never been "in" the organization (in the sense of door-knocking and/or baptized) has ALWAYS been ambivalent: Sometimes, the governing body advises remote caution, other times it almost gushes with familial connection - but always in the service of bringing in new members.

NO CHANGE. REPEAT NO CHANGE.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I have to agree there's nothing new here. My multigenerational JW family has always dogged disfellowshipped family. While the non baptized ones were and are handled with kid gloves. And as mentioned if the family member is fanatical they will shun you even if you just stop attending.

Ahhh! I can feel the love

I must say though that I love my siblings to pieces. They have accepted me unconditionally just as I accept their decision to remain active for now.

Cult Classic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit