Ever seen a witch hunt for apostates happen?

by highdose 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• highdose
    highdose

After an entire family in my cong went apostate followed by several others the elders went in to a witch hunt.

Every missed meetings was questioned, rumours were spread like wild fire!

I wish now i had followed the apostates out then...

• designs
    designs

Oh they are loads of fun. I had three BOEs after me plus the CO and DO, they went to every friend I had in the area to snitch and set me up.

Lovely group..........

The new life is coming along just fine

• donuthole
    donuthole

firsthand ... at least it felt like one.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Way back when (late 70's, early 80's) when CoC came out there was a lot of warnings to not read apostate books and information. I was just a kid at the time and didn't pay much attention. I remember there were protesters outside of an assembly once and my mom covered my eyes as we walked by and told me to pray so I wouldn't hear what they were saying. Today, I think it's one of the main reasons they are so anti Internet. The advice in our local cong was don't have the Internet in your home. NMKA

• blondie
    blondie

No, the few jws I did learn of that left because of "apostate" views were accidents, overhearing gossip, in one case consoling some parents who could not "discuss" with anyone in their own congregation.

The wild thought: that all Christians were part of the 144,000.

Those things tended to stay in-house; don't want to give the sheep any ideas.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    The wild thought: that all Christians were part of the 144,000.

Blondie - isn't it obvious that only the Governing Body is really part of the 144,000?

• blondie
    blondie

Is that what you think?

• JWoods
    JWoods

Yup.

• blondie
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think they must be afraid of me or something. Everyone who ever knew me in the Borg "has heard" the news and yet there has been no official action taken by the congregation. I'm marked and shunned by all my Dub friends and more than half my Borg family based on rumor and gossip. But there have been no meetings with the elders and when I stopped going to meetings I didn't tell anyone anything about why.

So no formal witch hunt at the moment, and I've never experienced one going on around me in the congregation. I'd love to meet some local ex-Dubs, though, or even some ex's I may have known from the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit