Of No Importance

by compound complex 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• compound complex
    compound complex

Recent happenings close to home bewilder me by day, terrify me by night. I am immersed in the profound waters of doubt and, sometimes, despair, as I struggle swimmingly to a far off shore that itself is encased in black mist.

Yet, the shroud of fog does rise. I am able to see outward, through the windows to my soul. A sense of tranquility replaces anxiety and confusion. Arrived, at last, to a calmer state of mind, I am permitted to sort through the simpler things. Scattered pieces of life's puzzle come together of their own accord; my intervention is neither required nor sought. What one commonly refers to as the past is not a block of time and events disconnected from today but a continuance of life, of living, through to this present moment. A flowing stream, irresistible, from my so-called past of no discernible nor recorded beginning. What man's every breath, every move, every thought, is put to paper for a posterity indifferent to the life of a man of no importance?

In that timeless flow from then to now, I see myself not as participant but as on-shore observer. Rushing past me are images of people and buildings and books and the beauties of Nature. And so much more, the more of my former childhood surroundings that have edged their way into my today's reality. It is a continuation of what I started out as and what I continue to be. It is, thus, my own small world of scant reality and too much imagination. All to be forgotten, today's man and his trifling matters ...

Of no importance.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

But it is important... in a way. Sometimes more deeply than we realize.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Dear Baba ...

You're right, of course. In this particular, the conflicting duality of writer, as objective observer, and his alter ego, the angst-sodden anti-hero, is rendered neutral by detachment and compartmentalization on the part of the more highly evolved one [writer].

I think ...

Love,

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Of no importance.

I beg to differ; it is of the utmost import.

Syl

• not a captive
    not a captive

Today I was thinking of the elevated importance of this: Faithful in least is faithful in much.

Our sphere of influence is usually limited to things close at hand --O, how dreadful! we think.

But really it isn't true that our actions and words necessarily have a small boundary. Or actions well considered, our thought well spoken carry on beyond our reach and our voice.

We need to do well what we can and trust that its value increases to "much".

What a relief. And what a joy to those near at hand who need, not a great personage but a true and present friend.

(And a writer.)

Keep it up, CoCo!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I really enjoyed that thanks!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

CoCo said:

In this particular, the conflicting duality of writer, as objective observer, and his alter ego, the angst-sodden anti-hero, is rendered neutral by detachment and compartmentalization on the part of the more highly evolved one [writer].

I think ...

Yes, I would agree that this particular writer is very highly evolved, indeed!

Much love,
    Baba

• Quandry
    Quandry

my own small world of scant reality and too much imagination.

Ah, but it is YOUR reality and you are free to do your own thinking!!

As for imagination, I dare say you are rich with it!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

For CoCo:

Ordinary

I was never a flower child
    No one ever said, “He’s so wild”
    Saw some words in the sand, felt some warm loving hands
    Heard the voice speaking meek and mild

Everyone is special, everyone is ordinary
    It said to me
    Everyone is special, everyone so ordinary

I was never a movie star