What do you think about brothers with bowties?

by asilentone 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• EmergedAsMe
    EmergedAsMe

I am not really a fan of bowties... but since I have left - I think good for them (the dub brothers that wore them)!

They managed to find a way to be a little different, in a very uniform world.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Some of our older ones wore them; I remember one anointed brother who always had one on. I can't, however, ever remember any man under, say, 90 who ever rocked a bowtie.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I think Matt Smith looks killer in a bowtie:

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I knew Glen How. He always wore bow-ties.

• fokyc
    fokyc

I like wearing a Bow-tie; so why shouldn't I wear one?

Brother Eric Beveridge, Awake writing department, wears one; he wore one to a KH dedication.

BUT interestingly his brother Bob Beveridge a UK CoBoE says they are not allowed!

Opinions or rules?

• millions now living are dead
    millions now living are dead

I think there is an attempt to be different in a soul killing atmosphere. When I was pioneering, I was always given shit about not having a 4 door car. So I bought a 1974 VW Thing convertable with 4 doors (the doors could come off too!) . I used to put old pioneer sisters in the back with the top down. HA! Never wore a bow tie, though.

Mil

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Black dubs in large cities wear them all the time. Some look cute, some look smart and some look stupid. Then I realized the bowtie had nothing to do with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit