To honor it being one year since Michael Jackson died.

by free2beme 15 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I don't think I would have wanted to spend time with a child molester and person who looked like that.

Point is, you have no idea what the "truth" is. No one does. Yet you, and others like you, are willing to lap at the blood of any cut that is made on those in the public eye.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Guess I pointed out the obvious in an enviroment of people who think no one should be judged. Sorry for the slap of reality, but no regrets.

That is simply not true. However, making judgments when you lack personal knowledge and facts of those being judged is never correct. I suppose you feel like a big man in doing so?

• free2beme
    free2beme

Seen it on these former Witness boards, time and time, again.

"Better not judge people, ooooooh no, as it hurt us so much when we were judged."

So let's police one another with thoughts of, "You did not know him/her, etc." LOL

The man was a child molester, the man was addicted to plastic surgary and looked like a complete clown.

Oh, and judgement is healthly, if people never gave opinion or judgement. It would be a liberal mess of people doing what ever they want without bounderies.

He was what I said, I am not politically correct and will speak ill of the dead. For the life they lived, should be acknowledged for what it was.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    "Better not judge people, ooooooh no, as it hurt us so much when we were judged."
    So let's police one another with thoughts of, "You did not know him/her, etc." LOL

Bull crap. What I said is you've never met him. You don't know whether he molested children. Here's a simple fact. He is dead. Whatever you want to remember about him has no bearing on him now. It does, however, speak volumes about what kind of person you are.

If he molested children, then yes, that is a horrible thing, and a thing deserving of judgment. If he did not, and it is likely he did not, then harping on something that is untrue and based upon nothing more than the accusations of people who willingly left children with him and stood to gain untold amounts of money by making the accusation, well then, that is something deserving of judgment as well.

I am by no means someone reticent to make warranted judgements; however, those judgments must be made on established facts, not visious rumors. Surely you can distinguish the difference?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

He was also one of the greatest performers of music. I prefer looking at both sides of the story--he did have serious issues with boys, a terrible money management pattern, and too much plastic surgery, true. But he also left behind some of the best music we will ever know of--and that counts for something.

It is very rare for someone to leave all good things (like Raymond Franz) or all bad things (Al Schroeder or Ted Jaracz).

• free2beme
    free2beme

Did you bold you me? Seriously, a bold you? Now I feel the conversation has turned dark, which is ironic on a Michael Jackson thread. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit