Reasoning from the Scripture book and new light on generation don't add up

by wasblind 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• wasblind
    wasblind

Everyone listen up if you still have your" Reasoning from the Scriptures" book get them out turn to page 234 and read the last sentence in the definition. where it says: the generation who was alive in 1914 would be the generation to see the end. then turn to page 242 on the top of the page where they say it's not gonna be another generation to experience this. Now the new light says : Oh we lied, it's gonna be another generation. It looks like they would have got rid of the reasoning from the scriptures book before they put out this new light. ya think?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Thru careful choice of words by the WTS there is still only the ONE generation, but it has TWO overlapping GROUPS. Im not having a go at you, it's just easy to get the wrong idea and run with it.

Making a mistake here will not win any arguments while trying to make your loved ones wake up, so get the terms right people. It's all frickin bunk anyway as the generation was the 33CE one who saw the destruction in 70AD (CE-AD same diff) IMO.

Cheers

• penny2
    penny2

There is a lot in the Reasoning book which doesn't add up with "current light." For example, the chapter on Blood (p71) - "Similarly, any food to which whole blood or even some blood fraction has been added should not be eaten." Yet, they will accept some transfused blood fractions now.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They have never been keen on recalling books that have been superceded

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I would imagine that a new Reasoning book has already been under development for some time.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I stopped using the reasoning book way early on. Those canned answers didn't work too well. I remember reading from it to the householders. They always looked like.... "uh yeah thanks, dude."

• blondie
    blondie

cult classic, you should have done what some jws did, have the Reasoning book bound in the back of their NWT then it looked like they were reading from the bible.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Witness, can you clarify where in my post that i refered to two generations or where i tried to combine several generations into one ? My post simply refers to what is written by the wts concerning "the generation of 1914", the one that will not pass away, their words not mine or from any so called apostates. This book is one of many that shows their prophetic BUNK.

Also, their new light on the generation teaching is actually a "FLASH BANG" which is a blinding flash of light designed to bamboozle the masses.

You ought to know that whatever the society puts into writing must be adhered to or you face disfellowshipping, think of how many people died needlessly at the time this book was distributed because they did not take blood fractions. partaking in any blood was equated to fornication. Now it's a conscience choice. People have died needlessly. So tell me where i'm wrong, and keep reminding me of how carefully the wts chooses their words. EVIDENTLY, they don't choose them well enough, because everything they have put out so far has come back and bite them in the ASS.

And yes i just had a go at you and took a dig too.

• wasblind
    wasblind

BTW, you just witnesses MY fury

• undercover
    undercover
    you should have done what some jws did, have the Reasoning book bound in the back of their NWT then it looked like they were reading from the bible.

ya know...I think I have a one of those. I'll have to dig it up and keep it handy for if/when dub family talks about the generation...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit