'Alice'... you know the one...

by Aussie Oz 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Alice: I have decided hence forth to avoid you 'Alice'. You have not seen fit to answer my very simple and non slanging match questions. I Notice that you choose only to interact with those that will argue back. Your choices show what you are about.

I am tired of seeing good threads decend into crap slinging matches when you get involved. Frankly it ruins the read and the experience of being here for me. And that among other things i imagine is the real reason you are here...disruption. So, kudos to you. I no longer care about your opinion or views. I do not care to hear your defenses offered for your behavior or retaliation.

Mod's: Can't she/he/it just get deleted so they can go away and winge about getting booted off by the nasty apostates to those who care? I know everybody is welcome but fair go! This has got plain stupid. Has this poster pissed me off? absolutely.

Maybe we can ALL just ignore Alice?

Maybe the posting rules can be modified to take care of trolls?

Oz

ps. Alice, if you read this, please don't comment on my thread.

ok, i'll go and untwist me knickers now...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Just remember Oz, this forum started off as a pro-JW forum and Alice is pro JW.

One day, I hope, Alice will be here as a proper ex-JW instead of the half baked non-attending Catholic basher she is now.

Cheers

Chris

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Maybe it just needs a small change to his/her username given how you feel? Perhaps prefixing it with "M" would do the trick? :)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

She just doesn't realise that we are really her friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My vote is for new board software that has an "Ignore" feature in it. Those who wish to play with trolls can do so. Those who wish to completely avoid certain people can do that. Freedom for all.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I think since this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/195035/1/I-have-a-concern-about-this-forum

and JDub's "Wrong Reasons-Please Stop" thread, the trolling has been minimal. I notice the few times there has been comments from her, they've been inflamatory and (thankfully) ignored.

**Hi Aussie, hows the kids? **

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

simon, can you please install software where the thread starter can selectively not let certain people post on their threads?

• changeling
    changeling

An "ignore" button would be much appreciated. Until then, we all have the power to ignore pesky posters.

Don't feed the trolls! :)

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Hi Palmtree... kids are great! i have some updates on the 'update on my kids' thread...

thanks for the comments...

a feature that blocks chosen commenters at the thread starters discression sounds good to me too

oz

• Quentin
    Quentin

People lament "trolls" who show up on every disscussion board ever set up on the internet...once said troll has ingrained themselves on a board the folks that don't want them "here" engage them at every turn. Complain their here, want them gone and so forth...

My question is: why the hell everybody "feeds" the little snots. Don't get it I don't, ignore the Nimrods and they'll "poof" vanish. Yet they get "fed" so much by other posters the troll bloats up like a tick all the while feeding of the emotions of others. Trolls spew out their bile and everybody laps it up like hogs feeding on buckets of slop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit