To Simon - redux

by undercover 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Undercover 100% agreed.

Loz x

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This may be off topic but I think it may fit on this thread.

I have been thinking about this the last few days.

As a JW coming here the information, realizations, emotions can be overwhelming for most.

I think about how different my thinking has changed since first reading here five years ago.

And my association as well.

Our first associations are with JW's, then ex-Jw's, then hopefully we can carry on a decent conversation with a "worldly" person.

It takes quite some time to go through all the different passages exiting a cult.

I am only speaking from my own experience.

For all the new ones, give yourself time.

There are going to be lots of bumps, awkward social interactions, growing pains, working through hurts and reprogramming.

This board, the information and support here is invaluable.

I found that a huge adrenalin rush surges when first absorbing the information, an awakening to those that have been asleep in the organization.

It gives you the energy to make the changes that are coming ahead.

Eventually it evens out, your new thoughts and ideas, your new life levels off.

Thanks to Simon for keeping this board going.

For some, for awhile, it's the only stability they know.

purps

• undercover
    undercover
    For all the new ones, give yourself time.
    There are going to be lots of bumps, awkward social interactions, growing pains, working through hurts and reprogramming.
    This board, the information and support here is invaluable.
    I found that a huge adrenalin rush surges when first absorbing the information, an awakening to those that have been asleep in the organization.
    It gives you the energy to make the changes that are coming ahead.
    Eventually it evens out, your new thoughts and ideas, your new life levels off.

Well said, purps.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks undercover for explaining it so well. I totally agree with you and appreciate this forum. Thanks Simon for all the hard work and providing us an opportunity to express ourselves.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I would like to add my thanks to Simon also for providing this amazing place that we can come to any time of the day or night for support when we most need it.

Also a big thank you to the posters on here who have who have couragously told their incredibly painful stories of what they went through as JWs and the turmoil and grief they had to go through to leave the clutches of the WTS. I'm sure these experiences have brought much comfort to many of us when we realised we are not going through these things alone.

And as someone has already mentioned this place has been a lifeline for many of us - in fact there are probably some posters still alive today thanks to the support offered on this forum.

So thanks again Simon and family for making this possible.

Wishing you all the best

Hopscotch

• nelly136
    nelly136

its quite cool isnt it purps, with the growing ratio of active jws just jumbling in with all us walking dead disfellowshipped dissociated faded we'll soon be able to adopt one each.

the only difference between pink and purple is the grip, its just one of those encouraging signs that things are progressing with the borg losing theirs or there just wouldnt be so many here and on facebook and all those other dissaproved places.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

What they all said

• yesidid
    yesidid

I too would like to thank Simon, Angharad, and the mods.

It's a thankless job and you do it well.

Many, many thanks.

y

• Simon
    Simon

It's sometimes easy to forget that leaving the WTS now is probably very different to what it was like leaving 10 years ago ... which was very different to 10 years before that and so on.

I'm glad so many stick around to help new people adjust and learn. It's not always easy and we sometimes get carried away with emotive topics but we're all in this together or at least share a common thread that should enable us to understand each other a little better.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I also am hugely greatful for this forum and simons running it... i can only imagine the frustration sometimes. It has been very important to me and i have found 99% of participants very nice and helpful.

as for those who just seem to just cause nothing but deliberate conflict (as opposed to personality clashes) and truly fit the internet definition of 'troll', i believe they are doing this as a way to scare people away from here. When new people log in and see it decending into a morass of mud slinging, that suits the trolls purpose perfectly

I for one, loath them and will not interact with them anymore if i can help it.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit