What do you get when you just read the Bible?

by Nathan Natas 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This is the YOUTUBE video that was mentioned during Rick Fearon's SIX SCREENS Teleconference on May 22, 2010.

Listen to what an Arizona Circuit Servant says is the result of "just reading the Bible."

Isn't it IRONIC that this organization's motto is "Read God's Word the Bible Daily"?

http://www.youtube.com/user/21crosscheck21#p/u/14/L1LQhjW7yU0

• not a captive
    not a captive

You know what I think of this--But that is a neatly done bit of video.

Unbelievable that people don't realize that the WTS has cut their own throat by coming round to endorse the stand that they took against a clergy telling the laity that they can't know what the Bible says without the Society telling them what it says!

Oh, and that must mean that Russell was an incestuous homosexual, thieving, lying, murderer according to their thinking!

I tell people who find out (because I TELLTHEM) that I am no longer a JW that it is because I believe in God that I am no longer a JW.

• streets76
    streets76

What do you get? About the same thing as when you read, say, Melville's Moby Dick. Some interesting parts. Some very long boring parts. Some of it loosely based on real life events; mostly fiction, though.

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

I got Atheism...

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

all the makings to a really good hollywood movie!!!!

You've got wars,earthquakes,incest,temple prostitutes,water being turned to blood and then later you've got water turned into wine at a wedding feast,polygamy,genocide,animal sacrifices, a giant and a really large dragon with seven heads.

• darthfader
    darthfader

LOL @Stonewall -- nearly what I was thinking when I read the title of this thread!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If you get 10 people to read the bible with NO ONE telling them what they are SUPPOSED to "believe" you will probably get 10 "different" verisions or opinions on what they read, and there is not thing wrong with that.

Except when one person or group decide what they read and understood is ABSOLUTELY right and everyone else is wrong.

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

Bored. The plot jumps around, I can't identify with the protagonist or the antagonist and both seem inconsistant from the start of the story to the end. To be honest it's less a cohesive narrative and more of an anthology and I prefer a long involved and contigous narrative to a collection of novella's and short stories.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Astronomy, geology, history, prophecy, poetry - not necessarily in that order.

Syl

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Did anyone other than NotACaptive actually listen to the recording?

My intent wasn't to send everyone on an Easter Egg hunt.

Maybe I should have said, "Hey Everyone, listen to this!" Consider it done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit