Does the Governing Body say only apostates will die at Armageddon?

by blondie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• booby
    booby

*** Text for May-01-10 ***
    Saturday, May 1
    Put a mark on the foreheads of the men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done.-Ezek. 9:4.
    Following that marking work, six men with slaughtering weapons are commanded to execute all those who do not have the mark. (Ezek. 9:1-6) Ezekiel's vision highlights one reason why our ongoing search for people who are "sighing and groaning" is so urgent. It involves lives. Soon, Jehovah's heavenly executional forces, represented by the six men with weapons, will destroy those who do not have the symbolic mark. Concerning that coming judgment, the apostle Paul wrote that the Lord Jesus, accompanied by "his powerful angels," will bring "vengeance upon those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus." (2 Thess. 1:7, 8) Notice that people will be judged on the basis of their response to the good news. Hence, the proclamation of God's message must continue unabated right to the end.-Rev. 14:6, 7. w08 7/15 1:10, 12

Now if one of the jw's felt the huge burden this places on them, (lives are at stake) it becomes even more onerous when taking into consideration that the efforts put forth in the ministry for the purpose of saving lives (their own in the sense of avoiding bloodguilt) is not even the most important purpose of that ministry or more properly stated that "door to door preaching".

*** w08 7/15 p. 6 par. 14 The House-to-House Ministry-Why Important Now? ***
    As important as the preservation of human life is, there is a far greater reason for preaching from house to house. In the prophecy recorded at Malachi 1:11, Jehovah declares: "From the sun's rising even to its setting my name will be great among the nations, and . . . a presentation will be made to my name, even a clean gift; because my name will be great among the nations." In fulfillment of this prophecy, Jehovah's dedicated servants are publicly praising his name in all the earth as they humbly carry out their ministry. (Ps. 109:30; Matt. 24:14) Rendering "a sacrifice of praise" to Jehovah is our foremost reason for preaching publicly and from house to house.-Heb. 13:15

• TD
    TD

"On Satan’s side will be all the rest of mankind, more than 99.9 percent, even as we read: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." That includes all the governments of the world together with their supporters, the commercial, religious and social institutions. Even the professedly Christian organizations? Yes, because all such that are friends of the world are making themselves enemies of God.—1 John 5:19; Jas. 4:4." (The Watchtower October 15, 1958 pp 614-615 Emphasis mine)

"After Armageddon the survivors will go forth and look upon the dead bodies of those Jehovah has slain. Over two billion dead! The carcasses of those who refused to love the new world that God loved so much that he gave his only begotten Son! The carcasses of those who loved this present evil world, which we are commanded not to love. Their dead bodies will be unburied, food for worms, birds and beasts. They will be objects of abhorrence to all righteous surviving flesh. (The Watchtower July 15, 1956 p. 425 Emphasis mine --Earth's population in 1956 was 2.8 billion)

"But the prophetic word makes it plain that Satan’s world is unrighteous from top to bottom and that it will be completely wiped out! (Jeremiah 25:31-33; Zephaniah 3:8) The only flesh saved out of that "great tribulation" will be, as Jesus himself stated, the dedicated "flesh" of his chosen anointed ones and of their sheeplike companions. No others are counted righteous in Jehovah’s sight." (The Watchtower November 15, 1983 p. 24 Emphasis mine)

"The only ones to whom the Bible extends hope of surviving the "great tribulation" are Christ’s "brothers," or "chosen ones," and the "great crowd" of "sheep" who ‘render God sacred service’ without letup, constantly saying for all to hear: "Salvation we owe to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb." " (The Watchtower April 1, 1982 pp. 30-31 Emphasis mine)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Luo Bou , a lot more in China then half a billion will perish, the country of your current residence has a population of over a billion and the witness population would be lucky to be a few thousand at the most, yes your god will be murdering most of the 99.9999% of those poor people

• bohm
    bohm

From the horrible september issue of the 2010 watchtower:

“When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. And all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.” (Matt. 25:31-33) This refers to Christ’s coming as Judge to separate people of “all the nations” into two categories: “the sheep,” those who will have actively supported his spiritual brothers (anointed Christians on earth) and “the goats,” those “who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.” (2 Thess. 1:7, 8) The sheep, described as “righteous ones,” will receive “everlasting life” on earth, but the goats “will depart into everlasting cutting-off,” or destruction.

Okay, so ALL people in just TWO categories. ONE category is ONLY those people who ACTIVELY support the annointed. The other category, logically everyone else, are going to get destroyed.

I am so much going to mention this at my bible study ;-) .

• The Finger
    The Finger

I understood only those who have washed their robes white in the blood of lamb would survive the great tribulation. "In other words, they have exercised faith in Jesus as their Ransomer, and have made a dedication to Jehovah, have symbolized their dedication by water baptism, and "hold a good conscience" by their upright conduct. .. they keep themselves "without spot from the world.. Further, they have become zealous Witnesses of Jehovah" (Revelation its grand climax at hand! Pg.126)

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I don't understand ... on the one hand, there are the articles quoted above that seem to supply black and white answers ... yet, how does this paragraph harmonize with that ....

The Watchtower April 15, 2010, page 14 3rd paragraph under subheading "How We Can Let Jehovah Question Us"

Today, some may be inclined to speculate about matters regarding Jehovah's future judgments, such as who exactly will survive Armageddon or who will receive a resurrection. Rather than allowing such thoughts to disturb us, we can recall Abraham's question. [Gen 18:25 is quoted in previous paragraph "Is the Judge of all the earth not going to do what is right?"] Knowing Jehovah as a benevolent heavenly Father and having complete confidence in his justice and mercy, as Abraham did, prevents us from wasting time and energy on unnecessary worry, weakening doubt, and useless debate.

Is this a contradiction to the above citations?

• booby
    booby

The Finger - Yes indeed. That is the (clear) explanation of things. Of course that is from a source that could be "old light". And herein lies (I think anyway) the great dilemma. The wt has been forced to find words to fill many books, watchtowers, and others crapola. If and only if they were inspired writers could it all be coherent and make any sense. They (even at their own admission) are not. Rather they are a group of wt trained writers given assignments to research (mainly using other wt stuff) and write articles for said publications. Being simple mortals like the rest of humankind what they produce is a jumbled mass of words and articles trying in desperation to control the masses. It is not working.

• booby
    booby

wannabefree - Is this a contradiction to the above citations or is this a double talk way of saying don't waste your time questioning our interpretation, just accept it.

YES

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Is this a contradiction to the above citations?

No.

It's just telling you not to dwell on it.

"Is the Judge of all the earth not going to do what is right?" You have been told what Joe Ho Ho Ho thinks is right in the above citations.

Chris

• changeling
    changeling

How amazing that our recent batch of "apologists" has not posted on this thread... There simply is no apology to be made for an org that openly condemns most of humanity to death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit