Funny book about JW's about to be published.

by TheEndIsNigh 7 Replies latest jw friends

• TheEndIsNigh
    TheEndIsNigh

Hi Gang, I would really appreciate if you could take a look at my blog about the book I've written re the witnesses. I've aimed to have a laugh at all the madness that I experienced in the 20 years I spent in the 'Truth'.

I'm using the blog to get some positive comments so I can get the book published. I've already had lot's of help. Any help from yourselves would really be appreciated.

It's called. The End Is Nigh...Again. (But this time we really mean it) and you can read samples of the chapters at:

http://the-end-is-nigh-again.blogspot.com/

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Hi TEIN

I really enjoyed reading the samples on your blog. It brings back such memories!

All the best with your book.

Hopscotch

• laverite
    laverite

"About to be published" and trying to get a book published are two different things. So, I'm a bit confused. But good luck to you.

• cofty
    cofty

Very funny observations - so many memories

despite being alone, that standard introduction was so entrenched in our physique that we would inadvertently say, “Hello there, my friend and I”… there would then be an interesting pause whilst the householder, somewhat intrigued, would look from left to right wondering just where the devil this friend was
  • whoknows
    whoknows

Well, you had me laughing out loud. God, when I think about what I did to my kids it makes me want to poke my eyes out.

How does one go about ordering a copy in the U.S.?

• pirata
    pirata

LOL. Great Stuff!

Only one minor point of feedback:

2. The Bible Students were invented by Pastor Russell, as too was the Jehovah’s Witness sect.

May be more accurate as:

2. The Watchtower Society was invented by Pastor Russell, which directed the International Bible Students and, their relaunched brand, the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• TheEndIsNigh
    TheEndIsNigh

Thanks for the comments. with your permission, I'd like to add them to the blog comments.

As for publishing, I have already one offer, but I'm not overly happy with it. I'm currrently being helped by some exwitness authors to find something more acceptable.

I'm aiming to get a couple of thousand hits on my blog and some positive comments which I imagine will help to persuade a publishing house to publish it.

I'll keep you posted.

Douglas.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

psyche<>physique

That's not the only grammatical error either.

Very funny. I haven't read it all yet. What I have read has been pretty close to my own experiences, but I couldn't say it as well as you have.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit