CHRISTENDOM'S churches have human
    leaders, such as the pope of Rome, the
    patriarchs and metropolitans of the Eastern
    Orthodox churches, and the heads of other
    religions. Jehovah's Witnesses recognize no
    human as their leader.

• sd-7
    sd-7

In the words of the guy in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, if JWs have no human leader, then I AM MICKEY MOUSE!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Well I can honestly say I wouldn't recognize a GB member if he walked into my office right now. That said, they avoid personal recognition so that they can avoid accountability. They still wield ALL the power.

• cult classic
    cult classic

That is complete BS! Just ask a JW any lifestyle question and see where they get their answer.

• booby
    booby

comments are very revealing. Sd-7, with the new DVD they are changing the shyness they pretended in the past. Most jw's will soon know them well, and that will include recognizing them.

• onemore
    onemore

The JW’s leader is a faceless group of “demigods” that hide behind an ivory tower, using God as a façade (I just wanted to say that).

But human have always lead the JW and humans always will…no matter what they say. 80 to 95% of JWs are followers of man.

• Gayle
    Gayle

They are 8 (now) tiny, unrealistic, inexperienced in real life, little narrow-minded rulers behind the Watchtower curtain, pushing buttons and groping their levers of power.

• donuthole
    donuthole

"That said, they avoid personal recognition so that they can avoid accountability."

Maybe in times past, but they are becoming more prominent. I noticed this last year with DVD being introduced by Ted Jaracaz (including note that he was a member of the governing body) and the book on Acts which featured a group photograph of the GB. This trend has continued with the new DVD release in which all 9 governing body members appear in the video and speak. The video specifically notes that that they are of the Governing Body.

JW have always had human leaders. In the early years of the organization there was no doubt who was in charge, be it Russell, Rutherford, or Knorr. Once the classic GB came into power the days of a visible leader fell by the wayside but now with GB 2.0 things are turning around.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

IN PARAGRAPH 8 OF THE SAME ARTICLE, SAYS THIS, AFTER THAT NO HUMAN LEADER CLAIM......."The anointed
    and their other sheep companions
    recognize that by following
    the lead of the modern-day Governing
    Body, they are in fact following
    their Leader, Christ.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

To paraphrase ST5: What does God need with a Governing Body?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit