from a Yahoo e-mail group (This was in the July KM)

by booby 19 Replies latest jw friends

• booby
    booby

This was in the July KM, so I thought I would share.

The March report for the United States was outstanding! New peaks in hours, return visits, and Bible studies were reached. There are now 698,507 persons studying with us. Also, a new peak of 2,485,231 gathered for the Memorial on March 30-a fine increase of 16,195 over last year's attendance and 1,388,729 more than the average number of publishers who reported during the 2009 service year. What fine potential for further increase!

`Notice how the silly assuption is made that these 698,507 are (persons) studying with them, when in reality the majority would be family members. I have come to see that so many of them are so gullible to what the reality of the organization is.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No mention of the publisher number itself then? Maybe it is down.

I hate the way they cherry pick the firgures in the KM now. We no longer get the full picture, only the figures for the month they choose to share, and with their spin attached.

And the 16,195 higher number for Memorial attendance represents only a 0.7% increase.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I heard from the mouth of a JW recently, "the people are just coming in so fast!" That's the spin he tried after my accusation that the lit had become more blatanly controlling and GB idolizing. He felt that that since so many were joining they needed to be brought up to speed on what to do and so the high level of control was justified.

• Juli
    Juli

I'm sure we're counted as a return visit. Each month the magazines are rolled up and stuck through our door handle. No one has tried to talk to us or has rung the doorbell for a couple of years.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ recently created "Family Study Night" for JW`s..

Now "Bible Studys" have gone up!..

It`s a Frigg`n Miracle!!..

As there is no Bible Studys in Watchtower World..

Jehovah`s Witness`s study WBT$ literature about the Bible..

Bible Study my Ass!!..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

0.7% isn't that a little shy of the natural growth of death/birth of a round 1%? Could this increase simply be a natural number of those family members that they now count - such as "counting a youngster provided she/he seems to be paying attention" - instructions I was always given. Also, how many fo that number are really part of the large influx of lation most congrgeations are experiencing in the US?

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

0.7% isn't that a little shy of the natural growth of death/birth of a round 1%? Could this increase simply be a natural number of those family members that they now count - such as "counting a youngster provided she/he seems to be paying attention" - instructions I was always given. Also, how many of that number are really part of the large influx of Latino most congregations are experiencing in the US?

• Gayle
    Gayle

yes,,ok,,'almost' .7% increase in 2010 memorial attendance (2009 *2,469,036).

However, from 2008 - 2009 was 2% increase. (2008 * 2,418,903)

From 2007 - 2008, was a 2.8% increase (2007 * 2,353,263)

So, take heart, the Memorial attendance yearly increases are less and less. At this rate, next year (2011) we could hope for a zero increase.

• besty
    besty

bearing in mind that the population growth rate of Hispanics in the US is 3.5% compared to 1% for the population generally and that JW's in the US are 25% Hispanic I would say a 0.7% increase in Memorial attendance signifies quite a real decrease in non-Hispanic attenders.....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The Memorian attendance seems to be a figure that swings about a lot more than others. I reckon a lot depends on what day it falls on, rather than there being any deep trend from one year to the next. If it falls on a Sunday JWs can expect a lot more to turn up than if it falls on a Monday for example, because it has a better chance of being viewed by people who get an invitation on the doors as just a regular sort of Easter service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit