Do You Like Quilts?

by snowbird 21 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

ROFL!

Syl

• not a captive
    not a captive

I bookmarked that link. I would love to listen to the talk while those women quilt.

My mom went to a rural quilting group that gave her more peace than her church did.I did a drawing of the group while they were quilting , Momnamed it "Group Therapy". Dad's been in bad health lately so she doesn't go much now. She got so much out of it. But even quilting quietly by herself helps her, but in a different way.

Thanks for the thoughts here, Syl.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I grew up in Oliver's Bend, right across the Alabama River from Gee's Bend.

My mother and some other ladies used to meet at different houses and quilt.

They worked by lamplight at our house.

My job was to tend the lamps, thread the needles, and read from the Scriptures to them.

I loved it!

Syl

• White Dove
    White Dove

What a wonderful memory, Snowbird

I find knitting, crocheting, and reading to be very therapeutic. And, I love quilts

• not a captive
    not a captive

((((((((Palm))))))

• changeling
    changeling

I love quilts. Yours is beautiful. Are the scraps from your old service skirts? :)

• snowbird
    snowbird

It isn't mine, Changeling.

It's one of the Bee's Bend quilters.

Syl

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Your memories conjure wonderful images Snowbird

Loz x

• John Doe
    John Doe

My mom made a patchwork quilt when I was a kid. I used it a long time--don't know what happened to it. It had the most god awful colors you could imagine, but I liked it anyway.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Love quilts! I can't even sew a button on though, so I have never tried to make one. I love to look for old ones at auctions and flea markets. Just found a gorgeous one for my room. I Like the one you made with all bright green that is so popular now. NMKA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit