Slave Owner/Husbandly Owner

by nextdoorgirl 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Can a master love their slave(s)?

A master would be more interested in loyalty, submission, obedience without question, and although this falls under "loyalty", I'd also venture to say that they'd be very interested in non-exposure of abuse within the master-slave dynamic. They may equate those behaviours with "love", but the "love" is a one-way street, particularly if the master denied the slaves of anything other than the basics of sustenance and shelter, while requiring obedience to the master's every whim.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Can you love your owner?

Oooooooh, kinky. But this isn't that kind of website dear.

• freydo
    freydo

I remember years ago reading about slavery that exists today....primarily in the Middle East. A reporter - I think it was Newsweek actually found a slave to interview. The reporter was biased in their opinion of slavery to which the slave replied, "Perhaps you can tell me the difference between a well fed slave and a starving free man."

Same goes for women - it's the natural desire to be kept and cared for. But in this world it doesn't work so well.

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

I wonder what that slave meant? I think there is a huge difference between a well fed slave and a starving free man. Self-determination.

As a woman, I don't want to be "kept" literally. I would like to be cared for. The main difference for me is, a loving relationship is chosen. It is like the relationship between friends, where neither owns or controls the other, yet they both choose to be together, moment by moment. They each choose to care for eachother. Neither keeps the other.

How do you see it?

• John Doe
    John Doe

I think the average person values stability above all else, even to the undermining of principles they claim to hold dear. In other words, I think most people would sell their birthright for a bowl of soup when they're starving.

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

But once that freedom is sold, the slaveowner can choose to do with his slave however he wants. He can starve them.

A freeman can determine his own path. He can trade his birthright for soup.

• freydo
    freydo

nextdoorgirl - what if I said that I would care for you and keep you secure. In exchange I would demand total obedience and fidelity and loyalty? Would you go all in?

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

No. How can I know you will keep your word? How do I know you will care for me and keep me secure, as I define (not as you define)?

Why would I ever give another person total unthinking obedience? What if I was asked to do what I didn't want to? What I felt unconscionable?

• freydo
    freydo

Did you never read Gen 24?

67 "And Isaac led her into his mother Sarah's tent; and he took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he fell in love with her."

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

That sounds familiar. I am curious what your point is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit