World Cup: New Zealand 1 Slovakia 1

by finallysomepride 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Until now I'm not impressed with the world cup games. But hope New Zeland will make it to the next round. I like suprises. France is out, England, Italy, Spain they are close to miss next round. The only team that's doing well is Brazil

• moogle
    moogle

I watched the game between Germany and Serbia and was utterly appalled at the refereeing. He destroyed that game and from what I've heard from a few soccer enthusiasts at work the same bad standard of refereeing has destroyed a few other games as well - rapidly losing interest.

I'm an Aussie and I'm glad the Kiwi's won. But I think we might have a few delusional Kiwi's on board here - we usually support your country and I can' t say I've ever heard anyone from Australia trying to steal your limelight. Time for a Kiwi reality check.

Moogle

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

moogle i live in aus & saw the sunrise show this morning where koshie was claiming the nz team as our "australasian team" anyways it's said in jest and nothing to get worried about, if australia wants to support nz team great, just like i supported aus in last world cup.

• moogle
    moogle

No offence taken finallsomepride - I have no idea what Koshie would have meant by that but my guess is he was pandering to the large population of Kiwi's living here, especially since NZ is part of Australasia and no doubt many of your fellow countrymen watch his show...good for the ratings.

NZ might get to the next round but Australia is pretty much history now.

Good luck to NZ finallsomepride - hope you do well.

Moogle

• finallysomepride

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit