I started taking control of my life

by loosie 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

5 years ago when I attended my last meeting. Ever since I started making decisions, instead of waiting on jehovah, things have been happening faster for me, its weird.

All my life I was told just wait on jehovah, wait on him for a husband, wait on him for children, wait on him for a happy life.

Well you know what I stopped waiting and I am happy!!!!

Yes I did get a wonderful husband (who adores my every move) while in the org. but it was my doing not jehovahs.

now I am going to college at 40 yrs old. i just got accepted yesterday to the radiology tech program this fall. I didn't think I could go to college or pass the required classes. But I did that too.

I didn't think I would be married for 16 years but we did that too. I never thought my daughter would be on the honor roll and starting high school this fall, but she is.

I love taking control of my life!!!!!!!!!!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

You Go, Girl!!!!!

Yup, it's amazing, isn't it? Congratulations on going back to college at the ripe young age of 40!!! I did, too, and I just finished my second year of grad school--took me 3 years to get my BA and it will be 2 to get my Master's and it's been worth every minute. Don't look back--you are in control and, what's best, you're setting an awesome example for your child!

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Congrats Loosie! I used to work on the clerical side of radiology dept. here on the KS/MO border, it was so fascinating! I wonder if we are close to one another?

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

You go, girl!

• loosie
    loosie

I'm in the middle of KS Heartbreaker, in Saline county.

I just love looking at pics of bones.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

loosie that's great thumbs up from me too. While I was still in and in my late thirties I thought to myself I have no education [ I was doing a cleaning job at the time to help make ends meet, it was getting me down as I had health problems over the years] I've had enough of this I'm going back to college, it didn't interfere with meeting attendance so no one said anything. I am so glad I did as I now have business from home.

I really recommend going back to college at any age, I am really happy for you life is just beginning.

Good luck Love RosePetal

• snowbird
    snowbird

Loosie!

Syl

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jehovahs has blessed you!!!!!!!!! he he he....kidding. Well done!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The "wait on Jehovah" mantra flies in the face of "the Lord helps those who help themselves."

Only one of those can be true. Those who wait on Jehovah end up continually doing just that for life, waiting. Any time is a good time to stop waiting and start living. Congratulations on your taking control of your life!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LOOSIE,

Good for you. I am glad you went to college. It is a great feeling to take control of your life. We weren't meant to have somebody else control our lives. I don't believe any 'supreme being' ever meant for it to be that way.

ROSE PETAL,

Unfortunately, many people find out that they can't do cleaning after a certain age - usually around 40. Back problems, knee problems, allergy problems because of chemicals. Also, MONEY PROBLEMS because you never made enough money for the time and sweat you spent! In addition, now that the bottom has fallen out of the economy, many cleaning jobs have disappeared. If families lose a breadwinner or two, they certainly aren't going to pay somebody to clean their house! Likewise for office cleaning jobs. If places go out of business, there are fewer offices to clean. So, all these friends who did cleaning are looking for an office job. Try finding one of these at an advanced age, in a recession - and with no education to boot!

MAD SWEENEY,

I also always hated that term 'wait on Jehovah' because I see it as a euphemism for doing nothing and it has helped many JWs literally become mental cripples which is such a sad thing to see. You HAVE to help yourself! It is the only sane thing to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit