Millions now living will never die

by stillin 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

The irony behind Rutherford's words is that millions of people STOPPED LIVING hoping that they would never die.

This was definitely what my parents did.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

No doubt about it, it was "Millions Now Living Will Never Die." See Jehovah's Witnesses-- Proclaimers of God's Kingdom on page 163 and 425-26. On page 78 it shows that there was a booklet by that name as well.

What is so intriguing about the message is that neither Rutherford, nor Knorr, nor Franz, nor any other JW leader or member has ever been one of the millions!

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Yes, some irony in that Rutherford, the writer of that book, was not one of those millions. Essentially they are selling the same message today, hoping that though it wasn't true then, it may be today.

WT 4/15/2005: "Notice how Jesus expressed these two thoughts. When speaking to Martha about the resurrection of the dead, he said: “He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life; and everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all.” All evidence shows that this “day” is very near, which means that you may “never die at all.”

Jehovah's Witnesses might like to give some thought to an illustration in a November 1995 WT:

"IMAGINE a weather forecaster whose predictions almost always come true. If he predicts on the evening news that it will rain the following day, you do not hesitate to take along your umbrella when you leave the house the next morning. His past record has won your confidence. You act on what he says."

What would be the appropriate action for a JW who has watched more than a century of predictions by the WTS that have failed, one after another?

• flipper
    flipper

Millions now living are ALL going to die. It's inevitable. Happens to everyone in time

• 00DAD
    00DAD

MrMonroe asked: What would be the appropriate action for a JW who has watched more than a century of predictions by the WTS that have failed, one after another?

I guess we won't be needing that umbrella!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If I'm right......'May never die..' wasn't so sensational so Judge Boozerford decided 'Will never die...' sounded more positive & imminent & would attract more to the cult.

I guess he needed the cash for his 2 caddys and whiskey cabinet.

This was something I pondered about for a long time and even when in said: 'Ha! They're all dead now!' Without making the connection....er.......false prophecy!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit