Can you feel the 'lurve'?

by HappyOutsideTheBox 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• crapola
    crapola

I most certainly have not felt the love in a long time. It was always about how much time you put in or who you knew in the cong. I'm so glad to be free of it.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

There are no two sides of this issue today. If you are not a friend of Jehovah there is only one other side, that of his enemy, Satan

This seems like a contradictory statement. </nitpicking mode>

If anything, an email like that would drive me even further away from the JWs, even if I did believe in them. I would likely respond to them and tell them that even if I were stupid enough to return to the cult I would never renew association with them.

W

• White Dove
    White Dove

What horrid attitudes! Well, it's good they show their true colors time and again so others can see how bad they are, and you won't be tempted to go back no matter what.

Yeah, I was a social pariah (sic) with not knowing or being close to the right people in the congregation. I didn't put in enough time, either.

• HappyOutsideTheBox
    HappyOutsideTheBox

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Isn't it strange how when we were 'in' the Borg we kind of knew these judgemental attitudes were wrong but were conditioned to the 'them or us' attitude. Now that we are 'free' we can see the sheer hypocricy and total lack of love - of any sort.

It's certainly good to breath a fresher type of air now and be free from the bad taste of pious, self important attitudes and people.

Freedom means no more pretending!

HOTB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit