The oil spill and bible prophecy

by journey-on 21 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

Oh, boy! Here we go! Bible quotes about the nations "not knowing the way out" and one in Revelation about the sea turning into blood! Anybody else getting an earful about this from JW family or friends?

• asilentone
    asilentone

nope, ummmmmmmmmmm.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh goodness! Fortunately, I don't have a single Dub in my life.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

I still have dibs on "a third of the earth will burn". Is it my programming as a child? But this does feel biblical.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    But this does feel biblical
    frigginconfused....Do you mean the oil spill has reached biblical proportions or that the event itself feels prophetic?
  • Think About It
    Think About It

The JW religion lost all Revelation interpretation credibility with the 7 trumpets & 7 bowls coinciding with old WTS conventions and they themselves joining the UN beast. The literal 144,000 interpretation will be the next to go. No doubt the JW wheels are in motion to hype this event as a scare & mind control tactic.

Think About It

• restrangled
    restrangled

I know this sounds kind of nuts....(I'm ducking and running)

But you do have to think twice about Revelation and the 8th chapter, talking about....."Something like a great Mountain falling into the sea and killing off 1/3 of the sea life, 1/3 of the grass and turning 1/3 of the sea to blood.

Honestly it doesn't seem that far off from whats happening in the Gulf. Just my take, and it doesn't mean I believe all the jw crap about end of days.

It's just something to think about.

r.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Restran,

I get your drift. perhaps that's what it is about Revelation. It can be interpreted at any age during the last 1900 years as applying to something happening then since the language is so symbolic.

But I much rather think John was talking about things happen then and not some far off time.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Google "worst oil spill in history".

• journey-on
    journey-on

Wow, asilentone, those spills were outrageous! However, they were spilled from tankers or in the case of one, a broken pipeline.

This one in the Gulf is like the artery itself bleeding with no way to stop it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit