Tutorial: How to write an effective argument or post.

by Cagefighter 17 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

How did you know I was a hippie? Do I smell like weed?

Also, did "it" get the boot last night?

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I need some weed. My Pharmacy called to tell me my zoloft prescription was ready. I was drinking at the bar and asked him if they had "medical marijuana" yet.... LOL.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Did all the Alice threads get pulled?

My man got home after being away on business for a week, so I was...."busy" last night.

What did I miss?

• shamus100
    shamus100

ONe got pulled - the one with all the swearing. Pity, really...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

No matter, I guess.

I tried to help it, it bit me.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I am reading all her topics started. I have no clue what she is trying to say most of the time. I admire those who could figure it out enough to be offended. Shamus you know she is crazy and a JW and probably hot!!!! I hope she PMs me and lives close! I love crazy women!

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Who is Alice? I missed it and I wasn't even gone! This board moves really fast! Can someone post the thread link?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I like posts with good spelling and grammar, simply because having too many spelling and grammar errors (not satire terms that are usually more accurate anyway) can make understanding a post more difficult while your brain tries to fill in the gaps.

Take two versions of the same words, one with loads of spelling errors and one with none:

(1) i tryd the exsellawraysion on mie noo jep, and gots speding tiket

(2) I tried the acceleration on my new Jeep, and got a speeding ticket

Which of the two sentences is easier to read? This illustrates what happens when people cannot spell or get good grammar. No, no one is ever going to be perfect--everyone forgets how to spell a word from time to time, and spell checks are not always perfect. Typos happen, too, and we are not always going to catch them. Some people use alternate spelling (British people spell differently than American). And, we all slip up on grammar.

Of course, much of this is the result of pxxx poor education that comes from being a witless. You attend boasting sessions on school nights, sometimes until way past your bedtime. This makes you miss key parts of your grammar and spelling lessons. Even though the grammar and spelling in the Washtowel littera-trash is usually perfect, you rarely get any assistance outside this. And, reading is one thing--writing is another. Just because you can read something doesn't mean you can write an article. Hence, we do well to have patience with those who have difficulty with spelling and grammar from time to time; it also helps if we work on the words we have trouble spelling most often.

Other suggestions: Breaking up the text between thoughts is helpful. On paper, we indent. On these forums, we hit "Enter" (some forums make you hit "Enter" twice to get a line break.) Again, I blame part of it on the school system, and part on the witlesses' habits of boasting sessions pre-empting learning time--hence, patience on our part while people practice where to make good paragraph breaks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit