Your guilty pleasures...

by MrFreeze 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

When you were a witness, or if you still are, what types of movies/games/tv shows/books/other activities did you enjoy that the Society might not find too appropriate for JDubs. For me here's a list of things I enjoyed that wouldn't have made the friends too pleased but that I rather enjoyed.

Movies: All the best movies are rated R. Whether it be language, violence, or sex. You'd be hard pressed to find a movie made in the last 20 years that is really good that isn't rated R. Some movies I enjoyed that the friends wouldn't have wanted me to be seeing: The Matrix, Godfather, Godfather 2, Goodfellas, American History X, Office Space, The Pianist, Shawshank Redemption, The Shining. Those are just a few. I feel bad that the friends have to miss out on these because they aren't up to the "standards" of the WTS.

Games: I love war games. They are the most fun to play. Games like Halo are a blast to play. You see, I can seperate the difference between real life and fantasy. A series of games I loved to play, which would be considered demonic, is the Silent Hill series. Just a freaky, terrifying, chilling, horror genre. it's just a lot of fun. Again, people miss out on some great things because of lame restrictions.

TV Shows: One of my favorite shows on TV right now, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. When I think about the laughs I've gotten from that show, man it's just so awesome.

Books: I don't read many books anymore, but I did love horror and war novels.

Other activities: I love paintballing. If you haven't done it, give it a try. It's a real rush.

Those are some of the things I enjoy despite the fact that I'm a Witness. What about you guys? What are some specific things that you enjoy that the Society looks down on?

• noni1974
    noni1974

Romance novels. I have been reading them since I was a very young girl. Not that I beileve in all that love BS they try to sell women, I just enjoy the break from everyday life. Plus the sex in the books I read is amazing. LOL

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

i have no guilty pleasures. They were, when i was a JW.

But now they are out in the open and they are just pleasures!

oz

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

When I was a JW, R-rated movies were standard in my home. And it's true that generally they have the best production values. My wife and I had nothing against them, but we did have to be a bit stealthy and go to the theater across town. Still we were busted a few times. Oh well.

Now that I'm out, cigars are my pleasure when I get around to enjoying them.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I like large gatherings which in the world we call 'parties' and enjoy them now...as well as getting nicely drunk now and then....

Loz x

• yknot
    yknot

1) JWN, JWS, JWR

2)True Blood

(I am hoping to add FB, but I still haven't been able to really keep up with that yet.......)

• designs
    designs

Saw the movies 'Schindler's List' and 'Last Temptation of Christ' (R rated) try discussing those with your JW friends.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I don't know, a lot of the people in my hall have seen Schindler's List.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I saw Goodfellas and felt like I was missing alot in the movie world. Pulp fiction changed my belief in R rated movies. I didn't care anymore. I hated when a movie was R in the movies and released in PG13. This happened all the time. Oh heres 1 you couldn't watch because it was R Blazing Saddles.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

By released I meant go to Video.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit