I just downloaded CofC and ISOCF

by Steve_C 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

Although I was born into this religion/cult in 1963 and didn't leave until a few years ago, I just now ordered Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom from Commentary Press. I'm very much looking forward to reading these.

Even though Ray Franz is gone, his important work continues. I hope many more people can find out the Truthâ„¢ about the WTS.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Excellent decision. Crisis of Conscience may very well blow your mind. Ray pulls back the curtain of the WT in a spirit of love.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thank you for ordering the books from Commentary Press.

Even though Ray is gone his books are still under copyright protection.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Yup. And probably still helping support his widowed wife.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Hubby and I haven't read 'Crisis of Conscience' yet. We will be ordering it soon, can't wait to read it. We have picked up a lot of info. from the book from all of you on here. Without even reading the book we can see it is like going behind the curtain in the wizard of Oz.

When it all first happened and Ray was disf. we tried to find out exactly what went on but it was all very vague. When he wrote his book we would not have dared read it even if we were curious because of fear. I am sure there are many who would like to read it. Lets hope some can overcome the fear.

RosePetal

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

When I first came to this board, I was amazed at how knowledgable everyone here was about the organization. It was only after reading Ray's books that I realized where all that knowledge came from.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

I loved CoC - though it was upsetting to have my entire belief system dismantled - took a while to come to terms with the reality of the falsehood of WT teachings, but it ultimately led me to take action and leave.

When I read CoC I was still attending elder meetings - it was a strange time.

Ah - but the freedom - its great.

Enjoy the books.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Steve_C, excellent choices. I tore through CoC... it confirmed a lot of my suspicions and informed me of so much more that I just didn't know. I'm still working on ISoCF. There's some very eye-opening info. in there as well.

Ray is a class act.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Both of Ray's books are excellent and essential.

-MF31-

• Deceived
    Deceived

I am rereading Crisis of Conscience, started it again the day Ray died.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit