Why Jehovah's Witnesses?

by e-watchman 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• e-watchman
  • carla
    carla

violation of rules-Advertising- Advertising YOUR own website here violates the rules

• Heaven
    Heaven

I thought this guy left already.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall
    Why Jehovah's Witnesses?

I've asked myself that many times. Why not Jesus Witnesses since if anyone buys into the new light theory and it gets

brighter,then why go back into the old testament to pick a name when in the new testament Jesus plainly points out

that his disciples would be witnesses of him to the most distant part of the Earth.

Acts 1:8(NWT)"but YOU will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon YOU, and YOU will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Ju·de′a and Sa·mar′i·a and to the most distant part of the earth.”

Then again in Rev.17:6(NWT)"And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus.

Plus if it was by divine providence that his disciples were called "Christians", then why would we need any other name since this one was already provided by God?

Acts 11:26(NWT)"and, after he found him, he brought him to Antioch. It thus came about that for a whole year they gathered together with them in the congregation and taught quite a crowd, and it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians.

• shamus100
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good afternoon Mr.Bob King / E Watchman..

The WBT$ tossed you out the door..Your disfellowshipped..

Your opinion in Watchtower World is Worthless..

Jehovah`s Witness`s are not going to take you seriously..Ever!..

And..

Why is there a Squirrel glued to your head?..

Get rid of the toupee..

You would look better without it..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• garyneal
    garyneal

Good question, "Why Jehovah's Witnesses?" I'm still asking myself that one.

Marking for later comment (if I feel the urge to).

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Robert, your assumption that differing denominations of Christians are somehow all invalid (except one) as "true" Christians because of minor doctrinal differences is completely unsupported. Trying to find THE TRUE Christian denomination is an exercise in futility because being a true Christian is an individual matter that is completely unrelated to what denomination or church one attends. True Christians are united in Christ, not united by denomination.

• yknot
    yknot

Sigh......

Bob, it is going to be okay.

Time to let go.

I know it is hard.

Even if they do 'reform' or change things.......the motivation isn't going to be about righteouness rather it will be about revenue.

I understand, I really really do........

Additionally, the 'faith' in Xianity...... is in JESUS.

• wobble
    wobble

Slightly off topic, but I am interested in the REAL Jesus, I do not think the gospels and other writings we have in the bible are that reliable.

Has anyone read "The real Gospel of Jesus" by Geza Vermes ? I guess he has tried to distil all the writings, including the non-canonical, into an original message, but is it worth buying ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit