If Losch gets more power - How long before NFL Football is banned?

by lepermessiah 14 Replies latest jw friends

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I PRAY he gets more power in the GB.

He would drive hundreds of thousands out of the organization when he banned NFL football as being from the DEVIL!

• minimus
    minimus

EVERY sports league is of this world.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I do remember seeing a reference to 'the nationalistic spirit of competitive sports' in maybe the July 15th, 2010 WT. That would have no effect, as football fans would quite simply ignore it, just like movie fans watched 'The Matrix' even though it was R. And some of 'em will still be checking the scores after the meeting, just like always. They'll never make an enforceable rule on that one. If they do, no one will enforce it. It'll be like...what's that other thing? Child abuse! Yeah.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Ted Jaracz was a child molester who molested children because he got his kicks out of ruining their lives, which qualifies as one of the most lowdown life forms.

Geritt Losch is against all entertainment. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he were to totally ban all entertainment, including all sports. There would be only 135 songs you could listen to, and having a TV (except to play videos from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger) would be a judicial offense. Obviously, owning a computer would land you in the back room. College would be a judicial offense, up from "losing all your privileges". Parents with children in college could get disfellowshipped unless they did everything they could to pull them out. As far as being a child molester that does it because he gets his kicks out of ruining their lives, that is up in the air. But, I believe he is one of the most lowdown life forms.

• minimus
    minimus

Wiz, calling TJ a "child molester" is

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

If he banned football and deer hunting, there would be no elders in Wisconsin.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Wiz, calling TJ a "child molester" is

Yeah, I'd like to hear the evidence to support that claim. Disagreeing with the organization doesn't make everyone involved a child molester.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Why would they have football be a punishable offense? Remember, they WANT members.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I have already heard rumours from pretty high up that they have considered it in the past so... who knows.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

There was something on one of the books about violent gladiator-like (sorta like prophet-like, i guess) sports where men clad themselves in armor and compete in animalistic urges.

So for a while brothers (and sisters) were told that football was bad, mmmmkay? Clearly it's didn't apply to soccer or rugby because they don't wear armor and it didn't mean hockey because ice wasn't mentioned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit