Why should I attend the meetings again?

by asilentone 27 Replies latest jw friends

• broops100
    broops100

Because we know you miss Kingdom Hall Cleaning so much... and .... You love listening to soul destroying talks that deflate any start to your independant thinking....

And less you forget you cant possibly miss out on the beautiful roof lifting songs.... They make the earth move !

• yknot
    yknot

Dear Brother AS1

No doubt you have struggled over your years of inactivity with such a question!

Jehovah designed us as social creatures who needs upbuilding and association in order to maintain a healthy and balanced POV.

This is why he has also made available through his 'slave' this wonderful publication I would like to review with you next time we talk! This life changing books is titled 'What Does the Bible Really Teach?".

I would like to draw your attention to Chapter 16, paragraphs18 as it addresses your question as if written just for you!

18 To please God, you must reject false worship and take a stand for true worship. What does this include? The Bible states: “Let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you behold the day drawing near.” (Hebrews 10:24, 25) Christian meetings are happy occasions for you to worship God in the way that he approves. (Psalm 22:22; 122:1) At such meetings, there is “an interchange of encouragement” among faithful Christians.—Romans 1:12.

So ASO as you can see and certainly agree upon, you should attend meetings because it pleases God!

Yes, I understand you haven't been active in 'false worship'......directly.......But my dear Brother by being inactive you have allowed yourself to become swayed by the world's ways and we all know who is the ruler of this world......Yes it is Satan..... Thusly your association with the world apart from being an active member of the Christian Congregation can be seen by Jehovah as false worship! .....

Not only will your return make Jehovah's heart sing, think of your family's satisfaction of knowing you will be in paradise with them!

• blondie
    blondie

Thread title makes me think of

Proverbs 23:9 KJVAs a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

You would never have to use your mind again...

ESTEE

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Or to check out the hotties in their summer sundresses.

I remember those days...that aching feeling of watching The Unattainables walk by. Well, at least now I know why they were unattainable. [Because you shouldn't go for them?]

The easiest answer? Here we go...

Now is no time to become complacent about where we are in the stream of time. Jehovah has decreed a limit on how long he will allow this anointed generation to suffer over the sad state of this wicked world. He will soon act to end human rule. Only those safely inside Jehovah's organization can hope to survive the judgment that is to come. Alert ones heed divine warnings and flock to the "inner rooms"--seeking the safety of pure worship amongst Jehovah's clean Witnesses.

-Done.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why should I attend the meetings again?

You shouldn't. Hope this helps.

W

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Unless you have a really good personal reason to I don't get why you would.

In fact I had a dream last night I went back because I missed being shunned by my family- when I awoke in a sweat I was glad it was only a dream, I'd sooner saw off a limb then go back.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Headaches from the florescent lights and no natural sunlight???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit