World cup matches over breakfast

by Simon 10 Replies latest social physical

• Simon
    Simon

It just doesn't seem right ... all the matches are going to be on early in the morning here.

I guess it's breakfast with footy instead of a beer for this world cup!

Although I cheered for Canada in the Winter Olympics I think I'm going to revert to being an English fan for the next few weeks (well, at least until we get knocked out ...).

Secretly, I'll be cheering for Brazil as they are usually the best to watch but most world cups have some great matches (except that Germany v Austria one, LOL)

• Scott77
    Scott77

Iam rooting for Brazil

• crownboy
    crownboy

Who says you can't have beer for breakfast Simon?

BTW, don't loose your breakfast when the US beats your team on Saturday .

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Here in Australia we see them early hours of the morning, I believe.

Go New Zealand

South Africa will be the winner!

Germany will win the cup

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

What sport are we talking about?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

USA! USA! USA! Oh, who am I kidding.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

LOL @ keyser!

Don't discount them, the fire side chats here indicate that the USA team is the dark horse. They may just suprise everyone.

We hope the SA team will suprise us and at least get to the quarter finals. The atmosphere here in Cape Town is amazing! World cup opening is tomorrow, but the festivities have started already.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Germany will win the cup

Finally Some Pride - That would be a dream come true, although I think the injuries might keep us from making a strong run. Although, Germany always plays tough and usually has a strong team concept - unlike some of the other teams that are loaded with individual talent but cant seem to put it together. I think a big part of it is that every member of the German team plays professionally in Germany, except for Ballack who is out injured.

All of my family over there were HAPPY that Ballack got injured - most of my uncles cant stand him for some reason!

I really think this is England's best opportunity in years - I hope they make a good showing. I feel the same way about the Dutch, what a talented squad. Arjen Robben was brilliant for Bayern Munchen this year.

• besty
    besty

My country - Scotland - are not at the Finals this year :-( again. It was 1998 since we last qualified.

So my dilemma - with an English wife and children and living in the USA - who to support?

Suggestions please.

PS - Simon - there are many good breakfast beers - I find 3.5% ABV is about right, or of course Guinness IS breakfast - or bloody mary also hits the spot.....

• shamus100
    shamus100

I cheered for Canada but the lacrosse sticks got in the way and they got ejected (lacrosse is our national sport).

Bet Simon doesn't know that, the UK ex-pat bastard!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit