A Tribute to Ray Franz - Touching Comments on How he Helped People

by flipper 12 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I'm sure this link has been posted already- but I wasn't sure. But this was a well done tribute by WT Comments . In case some missed it. Peace.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WTComments

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to say that I really enjoyed this tribute to Ray. It was touching to hear everyone's comments on how they were helped by him in gaining freedom of mind in their lives. Feel free to give out your thoughts on how you enjoyed the u-tube

• flipper
    flipper

Well- Since nobody has commented yet- thought I'd post a moving song in my personal tribute to Ray Franz . If anyone has a song they'd like to post in remembrance of Ray which moves the soul- feel free to you-tube it here. Sincerely, Mr. Flipper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwht3dDPL_Q

• Mary
    Mary

I don't know why, but I thought this song was a nice tribute to Ray. Not because I view him as 'god-like', but because he was a fellow (one time) brother who struggled like we all have after leaving the religion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=God4uk1Avj8

• flipper
    flipper

MARY- Very nice song. Thanks for posting it

• not a captive
    not a captive

Mary, Those crazy bagpipes in this song shake my celtic soul. It is beautiful. And I felt like that when I saw a short video of Ray Franz when I was preparing my letter to DF. He was in Romania at answering questions for a group of ministers. I knew he was a truthful man. I knew that he had stood as well as a haman can. God gave me the light to see the wrongs but he gave me Ray Franz that day to begin to feel the calm comfort.

Ray had come out on the other side and he was as a Christian ought to be--simple, knd and faithful.

Thank you both for the music. It says more so often than our words. Thank you God for music and friends who make it.

• flipper
    flipper

NOT A CAPTIVE- I have always felt that music is a healer. Celtic music is beautiful for sure. And I've always enjoyed David Gilmours haunting guitar work. Glad you enjoyed the songs. Songs like these help me meditate on the deep effect people like Ray had on me. He was a wonderful man

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Just back from holiday and heard the sad news about Ray.

I dared to read CoC while still an elder - this prompted me to take action and escape the JWs.

Nice triibute video from WTComments.

R.I.P Ray........

• flipper
    flipper

THE SCOTSMAN- Like you reading Ray Franz's books really cleared up a lot of things for me. I didn't read them until AFTER I exited the witneses - but it explained a whole bunch to me. I'm glad you exited and benefitted as well from Ray. May he rest in peace for sure. He gave all he had to give to others

• flipper
    flipper

So - Since Ray meant so much to so many people's lives in giving us insight into our freedom from the WT society- how about some comments from ANY of you on how Ray's writings assisted you ? I think it's good to keep remembering this man and his writings in a positive way

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit