Fish Roast!!!

by snowbird 63 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Who? All of JWN.

Where? Sandy banks of Pine Barren Creek, north Wilcox County in Alabama.

When? Saturday, June 12, 2010, sunup to sundown.

What to bring? Fishing pole, PAM spray oil, seasoning, loaves of bread, lemonade, insect repellent, matches, jovial disposition.

What not to bring: Fishing reels, powerboats, alcoholic beverages, sour disposition.

See you there.

Syl

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What not to bring: Fishing reels, powerboats, alcoholic beverages, sour disposition.

Fishing without a reel and a cold beer contributes to my already sour disposition. But I have to admit I don't care for powerboats either.

W

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Sounds fun wish I was in Bammy.

• snowbird
    snowbird

We'll just be havin' a good ol' lazy time of it!

Syl

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Nah, just bring a few fish and and loaves of bread and I'm sure Debator or Bane can miraculously multiply them for us all.

Sweet home Alabama is too far away for me, but I will be at my cabin with some friends that day, so I'll be thinking of y'all. Have one for me snowbird!!!

JediMaster

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Can I bring my children, Lamentations (always in trouble), Acts (lets not start that 14 page thread again), Genesis (my oldest), and Revelations (unplanned), don't forget Maccabees (only accepted by half of the family).

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks and LOL, JediMaster!

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Cagefighter, I guess I will grudgingly allow you to attend.

You really ruined my nice thread.

Syl

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm remembering the last time I roasted fresh fish over an open wood fire. It was 1983, when me and 8 other JWs went on a fishing trip. There's nothing quite like fish, beans, and beer for breakfast. That's probably the only good JW related memory I have.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

Freshly-caught fire-roasted fish is the bomb!

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit