How many times have you read a post here and thought, "Wow, I thought only I felt that way about (insert spiritual/JW activity here)!"

by Crisis of Conscience 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I always felt like I wasn't good enough, and was shocked to realize a lot of JWs feel that way...even elders! Why does everyone feel so bad? Wasn't Jesus message to be refreshing?

I also didn't like bothering people on service - waking them up, interrupting their breakfast, or wandering into their backyard because they were gardening. I would be scared if people came into my backyard when I was doing yardwork!

Also, I wouldn't listen to a Mormon because I felt I had the "truth," so why would I expect them to listen to me when they obviously think they have "the truth?" They probably feel God drew them to their religion, so who am I to say they are wrong?

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

It's interesting how many things have crossed our minds in the past but don't necessarily cause us to leave the org. But the more I read, while I still struggle with leaving (mainly because of family in), I strongly feel empowered to make moves. And it has definitely made my disconnection from JW teaching so much easier.

It really would make a difference if I had my wife on board, feeling the same way. Time will tell. Thanks for the comments all.

CoC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit