Ray Franz - Points in " Christian Freedom " book- " The Recurring Pattern"

by flipper 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Mr. Flipper,

Thanks for the suggestion on the second book, I was unaware of a second book & I am on the last ten pages of "crisis of conscience"! He truly was a brave man, I truly appreciate the steps he took to extensively document the truth about the "truth".

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

One thing you will find as a pattenr in OT and NT alike is God focusing on individuals over groups, on God circumventing "organizations" and revealing himself to individuals, typically the last ones those very organizations would deem worthy.

Funny how that happens.

• snowbird
    snowbird

God doesn't give a flying fig about organizations.

Luke 4:25-27 Isn't it a fact that there were many widows in Israel at the time of Elijah during that three and a half years of drought when famine devastated the land, but the only widow to whom Elijah was sent was in Sarepta in Sidon? And there were many lepers in Israel at the time of the prophet Elisha but the only one cleansed was Naaman the Syrian." MSG

How stupid can they be?

Sheesh!

Syl

• flipper
    flipper

CoCo- Good point. I have always thought it was so arrogant of the WT society to claim that an individual person cannot get God's favor or understand ANYTHING in the Bible without the WT " organization's " help. Then they take it one step further declaring such people " wicked " or " spiritually blind ". I think the blind ones are the top dogs of the WT society.

LOZHASLEFT- Very good book ! I'm enjoying it immensely also. I get a little bored reading any Bible verses as I'm not that much into the Bible - however I enjoy Ray's descriptions and how he dissects it and takes it apart.

WOBBLE- Yes, I agree, we were really blessed to have Ray with us for so long and the care and concern he showed in exposing the hidden secrets within the WT society was awesome. I'm sure Jesus was a freedom fighter as well - whether he was from God or not- I don't know, but he was a concerned wise man very in tune with helping people.

BUTTERFLYLEIA- Good point you make that if God created our brains- then why doesn't the WT society let JW members USE their brains ? It's because the WT society wants to CONTROL the members through fear and guilt. Indeed, Ray Franz had a clean conscience - he fought the good fight up until the end. I'm so glad you gave your mom that Crisis of Conscience book ! Good for you. Hopefully she'll read it . It's good you're hanging in there keeping up hope for your family. Someday your mom and sister may just exit the cult. Takes time.

LEPERMESSIAH- Yes, indeed, I can see that Ray really takes the gloves off in this book- especially when he uses quotes from their own publications like the WT magazine . And yes, indeed, the WT society ARE mind control false prophets for sure.

COFFEE HOUSE GIRL- I'm sure you have enjoyed Ray's first book - the 2nd book is also very good. Much longer- over 720 pgs. - however I'm pacing myself over time. I'm at about pg. 137 right now. Indeed a very brave man who was honest and revealed the real truth.

PSACRAMENTO- It is a good point you bring out. It did seem like God always dealt with individuals in the Bible, not organizations. The WT society makes it so impersonal to be a " christian " that many of us exiting are totally turned off to the concept after having been in an " organization " for years. But many times like you say - the WT organization disses people that were many times so much better than WT leaders themselves !

SNOWBIRD- Exactly. The Bible never showed God cared about organizations . People individually are what is important

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this up if any wanted to comment on Ray Franz's thoughts here . Thanks

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Ray Franz brought out so many important and meaningful points in his 2 books - and these are some I've noticed in his 2nd book- " In Search of Christian Freedom. " I welcome any and all observations . Look forward to your takes. Will be back tonight- going to my wife's nieces high school graduation today

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper All comments welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit