Do Y'all Like My House?

by snowbird 30 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

Beautiful!

I love old graveyards! :)

• compound complex
    compound complex

As a spectral Mary glides effortlessly, as all ghosts do, from darkened pane to darkened pane, she laughs to herself how she was so intent on washing the glass daily when she was in the world. Today, in her present ethereal state, Mary's once sparkling windows and spanking clean sheets on the dooryard clothesline below are scarcely a concern for a woman 80 years departed from the paltry affairs of running a house that was, at one time, the gem of the neighborhood: an old structure now desperately needing some fresh flowers, a few throw pillows, a new coat of paint ...

The old darling has some newly arriving tenants to welcome....

• not a captive
    not a captive

That is a BIG old tree the guy is standing next to.

Were these pictures taken on "Decoration Day"? That's what they call it here,Memorial Day. Maeve

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hey, people.

Yours truly is not in those pictures.

They were taken June of 2007; the school has been closed since 1973.

In its heyday, it was a beacon of hope for the poverty-stricken sons and daughters of sharecroppers who were in desperate need of enlightenment.

Thanks for the interest.

Not a Captive, I just love the way you think and write. It is truly a gift

Beautiful and elegant prose, CoCo.

Cagefighter, you've got the devil in you!

Syl

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Syl,

Make a lil shine in the shed, grow a little weed in dem woods. Pretty soon, we living good. Can u tell I spent some time running ridges in TN?

-Cage.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Cagey, stop it!

I'm laughing at loud at work and people are shaking their heads in wonderment.

Most of them already think I'm touched in the head!

Syl

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Why do you think Uncle Jesse had that smile on his face all the time? It was just because of Daisy's short - shorts....

• compound complex
    compound complex

The old darling has some newly arriving tenants to welcome....

Trundling along the dusty, single lane country road in a faux-wood panelled estate wagon is the remaining detritus of the Armstrong-St. James clan, once nearly, but not totally, wiped out by the decimating effects of plague-carrying rats from Metropolis-Avon. Romola, father and husband, darkish in both complexion and temperament, Hilary Justine, brassy-blonde mother and wife, Jonathan Makepeace, squirrely son and brother and Regina Parthenia, myopic daughter and sister, are soon to infest with their especial saveur the spooky but benign manse.

Spectral Mary is most keenly aware that a larger-than-death contagion is about to descend upon the lovely old haunt.

Who will be scaring whom?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Elegante'!!!

I love it.

You've brought a big smile to my face this here morn.

Would you believe I once knew a Parthenia?

For real!

Thanks so much, CoCo.

Syl

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Sylvia!

You're welcome! I hope you don't mind the deliberate mixing of milieu and space: we're crossing geographical/lexicological/time boundaries.

Oh well, I guess I'll be back ...

Love,

CoCo

PS: I, too, knew an almost-named Parthenia. She ended up with your name!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit