Where is the true Religion?

by wannabe 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabe
    wannabe

The best way to answer this question, is to ask another question. Where was the true religion in the first Century? Since the Christ was the founder of Christianity, and the one leader and one teacher at that time, then it would follow, that the true Religion today, would of necessity have to be led and taught by him today, as well, since the Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever, said the Apostle Paul. {Hebrews 13:8} {Matthew 23:8-12}

Did Jesus show us how to identify the true Religion by anything he had stated? Yes! He Did! Notice his conversation with the Samaritan Woman:

19"Sir," the woman said, "I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem." 21Jesus declared, "Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." {John 4:19-24 NIV}

While Jesus walked this, earth because he was the way of the truth as he said, while his followers followed him they would be led into the truth, because he directly taught them all the truth. {John 14:6;15:15}

Because Jesus himself was personally on the scene he could tell her true worship had already begun, but was to come again. He told the Woman just how his Father wanted to be Worshipped; and he pointed out the true worshippers would worship with spirit and with truth. Notice he paired Spirit and Truth together. That of course was very significant, as John shows:

6"This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth." {1 John 5:6 NIV}

So, wherever the true Religion is today, it is led by the Holy Spirit in such a way that all of the followers of this true Religion would know the Truth, Believe the Truth, and Teach the Truth, as guided by the Holy Spirit that testifies to the truth.

Of course Jesus isn't personally on the scene now, so how would any today come to be worshipping in spirit and in truth as rerquired? Because Jesus did say, 'and the time was coming that the true worshippers would again Worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth. For the Father was looking for such like ones to Worship him.'

At the ascension of Jesus he received the promised Holy Spirit, and could, as he did at Pentecost, pour it out on his followers to equip them to carry out his command to Baptize people of the Nations, teaching them all the things he had commanded them. While doing that he said he would be with them. {Matthew 28:18-20} {Acts 2:33}

Now, rather than on earth, we have Jesus at the right hand of his Father in the Spirit Realm; but still the one leader and one teacher, nothing has changed other than his location using as he does the Holy Spirit to bring those worshipping in Spirit and in Truth, to a full and complete knowledge of his Fathers word.

Some believe if Jehovah didn't have an earthly Organization today, there would be no one to guide and direct those worshipping in Spirit and in Truth, but that is faulty reasoning.

Jesus had no trouble teaching Paul or John by means of Revelations from the Spirit realm after his ascension in the first Century; that is equally true now. {Galatians 1:1`1,12} {Ephesians 3:3} {Revelation 1:1,2}

That is exactly the way the teaching is done now, today. one needs only to read the following list of Scripture to see the truth of that. {John 14:15-17,26;16:13} Then, today, one can be anointed with Holy Spirit, and needs no one to teach him because the Holy Spirit teaches one all things, without the aid of any human teacher.

Most today have a problem believing Jehovah doesn't have a visible earthly Organization; but due to the fact that the teaching is all done now from the Heavenly Spirit Realm, by means of the Holy Spirit in the hands of the Christ a visible earthly organization is not needed any longer. That idea is difficult to get used to because every Religious Organization is Organized by appointed officials. A case in point, is the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, that themselves claim to be God's visible Organization on earth today. Making such a claim as that shows they do not understand the Book they claim to be custodians over. Otherwise they would know what I am revealing here; which obviously they do not, revealed by said claim.

As to exactly where, all of these one are who are receiving this teaching by Holy Spirit, it cannot be said; only to say they are scattered to the four winds, from one extremity of the Heavens to the other extremity. We could not know where exactly, but the Christ who gathers them, at his coming, with the aid of his Angels will know exactly where each one is, when he gathers them at his coming. Matthew 24:29-31 will explain that to you.

Wherever they are though, altogether, they represent the one true Religion; those Worshipping Jehovah in Spirit and in Truth.

Was you to have an encounter with one of them, in a spiritual discussion, you would know by the Knowledge this one would be in possession of, just who it was. {Matthew 24:24} {Revelation 7:1-4;12:17} Be extremely careful if you do: Matthew 25:40,45,41} Wannabe

• not a captive
    not a captive

I think I am getting your drift... You are saying (from your post yesterday) thatbaptism is pointless sign of being a Christian in much the same way that circumcision became a pointless sign of being a true worshipper of God. You are saying that Christ through the holy spirit makes them a true Christian.

And as a reasonable conclusion to this, you are saying that Jesus knows his own and you will know Jesus' own when you talk to them. Them being 'wet' (from baptism)won't tell you they are Christians but by talking to them you will know. You would see the holy spirit at work in and through them.

Is that it?

• upnorth
    upnorth

There is no true religion.

I think religion is man made

God said to worship him

Man has attempted to corral and redefine what worship constitutes, from that we get religion

Religion is of man and inherently impure, worship is pure

I did not say religion is useless, it is just subject to perversion

• not a captive
    not a captive

upnorth said:

There is no true religion.

I think religion is man made

God said to worship him

Man has attempted to corral and redefine what worship constitutes, from that we get religion

Religion is of man and inherently impure, worship is pure

As I understand that, I think that is how it is.

I did not say religion is useless, it is just subject to perversion.

The way people mistakenly think religion is the same as faith or worship, I wonder if it is not useless. I have seen that "worship" is hardly referred to in the NT. But faith is there all the time. Jesus used the word "worship" but never the word for "religion".

That was a pretty crisp distinction, upnorth... I sure like it.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The notion that there has to be one is a tool used by most high control cults.

It is always paired with the notion that they are it.

If anyone tries to sell you this bullshit ........... run like hell

Cheers

Chris

• upnorth
    upnorth

To ---not a captive---

Thank you

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Reigion is man's attempt to formalise the worhsip of a deity.

It is a collcetion of rituals and procedures and rules and regulations that men use to control/organize others according to what they think is correct.

It cane be used for great good or great evil as we have seen over the ages, but religion is NOT alive, it of itself can do nothing.

People are the problem, they are all that is good and all that is bad with any given religion.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This is the wrong question to be asking. The question is: Can a religion be true? If so, how would one know?

I believe the answer to the first part is "no" and therefore the second part is moot, but your mileage may vary.

• not a captive
    not a captive

Along with these distinctions Matt. 24:23-31 seem to indicare the vast freedom from religion that Jesus spoke of to the Samaritan woman"( neither in this mountain or that will true worshippers be going"--take THAT you who say JWmountain is the place to go).

When Jesus says "Where the dead body is , there the vultures will gather" it seems he is referring to people who stand on the dead body of dogmatic belief as opposed to people whose living faith in a God who WANTS them worship in spirit and truth(--in spite of hide-bound religion's destruction of that freedom)

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Maybe we'll find out when who or whatever put this all together decides to reveal their intentions to us lets hope it wants something good for us and is not a monster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit