Why Watchtower Teaching On Armageddon Is A Myth

by Scott77 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

ALL mind control cults do this to members. --Flipper

Flipper, will you provide some examples on how other cults do this?

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

My former presiding overseer has been a Witness for 69 years. He told me in our last conversation that he feels Armageddon is only weeks away. Or perhaps months.

69 years. 9 Armageddon predictions later. Still just a heartbeat away.

-mentallyfree31-

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Tomorrow never comes- neither does Armageddon.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

On the line of this subject, I can recommend the book "History of the End of the World" by Jonathon Kirsch. It's an excellent read, and outlines the history of apocalyptic groups from Jesus' day to right now. Very enlightening.

-mentallyfree31-

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Scott,

I had the following verbal intercourse with several dubbies (elders) I studied with:

Me: So if Mother Theresa is alive at Armageddon she will be killed even though she has helped an infinite number of poor suffering people...because she does not except the "truth" from a Witness?

Dub: Yes unfortunately because she refuses to see and accept Jehovah's will.

Me: But Adolph Hitler gets a ressurrection?

Dub: (cough cough) Well we don't know if maybe he had a brain tumor or something that made him act the way he did...and besides that, Jehovah reads hearts and HE knows who is deserving.

Me: So if HE is reading hearts why do we have to go door to door?

Dub: It's to show HIM that we are loyal to HIM

Me: Wow, what a waste of time...He could just read our hearts to see if we're loyal.

Dub: Let's get back to the paragraph we were studying.

-BONEZZ

• Mary
    Mary

Let's face it: Armageddon is mentioned but once in the entire bible. John, when he was flung onto the Isle of Patmos, had already apparently endured severe persecution under the Roman Empire. He would have been beaten, starved and tortured. It's no secret that magic mushrooms were growing on Patmos at the time and all it would have taken was for a mentally, emotionally and spiritually starved person to eat a few of these 'rooms and BAM! Suddenly he's somewhere between The Matrix and The Twighlight Zone. The Book of Revelation makes absolutely no sense no matter how you try and interpret it.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Mary - And lets add a bit more to your point. Every generation of mankind since Revelation was written has come up with their own interpretations of how this nonsense "fits" their specific time period. It's been an unending cycle of apocalyptic interpretations that have never come true.

-MF31-

• mind blown
    mind blown

Mad Sweeney......too funny, but so true...perfect discription.....RETARDED!

My big myth issue was....the bj issue! True! I mean seriously now....when you can't even give your very own husband a jb...somethings terribly wrong! Of course they kept that little secret under the blankets....didn't let me know until I was already a baptized sucker...

• Scott77
    Scott77
    Mary - And lets add a bit more to your point. Every generation of mankind since Revelation was written has come up with their own interpretations of how this nonsense "fits" their specific time period. It's been an unending cycle of apocalyptic interpretations that have never come true.
    mentallyfree31

I certainly get the idea what you mean. I recall reading the Red Book of Revealation in which it discussed the two witnesses in sackcloth. The two witnesses were late killed. The WTS interpreted that to mean the GB if Iam correct. Their being imprisoned equated to the two witnesses murder. What an hypocrisy and myth spinners!. How can that be?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit