How are current jw's told to feel about vampires

by loosie 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

I haven't attened a meeting in 5 years. I was wondering what the WTBTS has to say about the popularity of vampires we see currently in pop culture. Are they saying its evil and from satan?

back in my day it was cable tv and music videos that were bad and from the devil.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I think they consider it all demonic.

• Think About It
    Think About It

As long as they only drink blood fractions they are tolerated, if they attend the Thursday night meeting.

Think About It

• loosie
    loosie

lol @ Think. Maybe vampires have some kind of filtering systems that allows them to only suck out the blood fractions. maybe vamps only suck out the monocytes and leave the RBC in the body....hmmmm

• blondie
    blondie

*** w06 6/15 p. 13 Yes, You Can Find Happiness ***Maree, born in Scotland, also learned that a fine relationship with Jehovah is vital if one is to find happiness. “Before learning Bible truth,” she related, “I enjoyed watching horror movies. But at night I couldn’t get to sleep without holding a cross in my hand to ward off ghosts and vampires, which many of the films were about. Once I learned the truth, however, and stopped watching such films, my relationship with Jehovah made it possible for me to go to bed without fear, happy to serve a God more powerful than demons or imagined vampires.”

• baltar447
    baltar447

Vampires are bad, mmmk?

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

There was a thread a few weeks ago after the Circuit Assembly where the speaker mentioned Vampire movies, if I remember correctly.

They will probably throw it right in there with facebook, myspace, and any other current trend in the world.

-mentallyfree31-

• RR
    RR
    How are current jw's told to feel about vampires?

Which ones, the blood sucking Governing Body?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Funny though how people with vampire and horror dreams can stop having those dreams after stoppong watching them WITHOUT 'JEHOVAH'S HELP as well!

ps... my son loves horror and vampires... he is on mike duty at his hall today...

oz

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

They are ok if they are "vegetarian" vampires like the Cullen family in the Twighlight series!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit