Court orders Jehovah's Witness boy be given blood transfusion

by purplesofa 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• penny2
    penny2

This is front page news in Adelaide. I feel sad for the boy, he is only 10. There must also be a lot of pressure on the parents to "do the right thing" in the eyes of the congregation.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

I wonder if the boy and his parents are secretly relieved.

• flipper
    flipper

PURPLE SOFA- Thanks for posting this thread. This is an important court decision- at least in Australia anyway. I wish the U.S.A. & Canada courts would follow suit soon and base rulings against Jehovah's Witnesses blood policies in protection of minor children as well. Like BP said, perhaps these parents loved their child , but they are mentally ill, sick- based on the twisted mental mind control by the mind control weasels called the WT society. I give a lot of credit to the Women's & Children hospital there in Australia for standing up for what is decent, humane, and compassionate for this boy. I give no credit to the parents for allowing their son to be saved as he should be anyway.

WT Organizational priorities should never take precedence over the humane , dignified saving of lives. At least 1 child's life was saved from the clutches of the WT society cult

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

It's so misguided - JWs view the symbol of life as more important than actual life.

In effect it's like this, your house is burning down, and you can save your child or a picture of your child.

JWs chose to save the picture.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I give myself a 'G' for illustrations.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It happens all the time - standard in many USA hospitals

• besty
    besty

"But my son will suffer emotional and spiritual consequences for the rest of his life..."

Pew Forum says there is a 67% chance the above statement won't be true...and then he will be pissed at your childhood indoctrination and attempted medical sacrifice.

But wait....what was that scripture about a dead lion or a live dog?

• garyneal
    garyneal

I went there long enough to vote yes on courts ordering blood transfusions against religious objections.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

Crazy!! Our healthcare system is stretched thin already and they have to waste precious resources (doctors and nurses) testifying and fighting to save this poor boys life! And the article said that the hospital didn't even try to recoup legal costs! I hope the wts enjoys seeing all the lives that they've ruined through their indoctrination!! Thanks to all the taxpayers for chipping in to make sure this boy gets treated. And unthanks to the wts for using worldwide donations to promote their murderous doctrines!!! Poor kid at 10 is already brainwashed! At least someone stood up for him.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ecclesiastes 9:4 Anyone who is among the living has hopeā€”even a live dog is better off than a dead lion! NIV

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit