JW Cafe

by James_Slash 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Maybe that's why the poor little buggers were always dying of cancer!!!

Does this mean that decades of cancer research costing millions of dollars has been tainted by the watchtower too? I smell a good lawsuit in the making.

W

• not a captive
    not a captive

I just made sure that three grocery sacks full of propaganda weren't in danger of being read when I conscienciously threw them in my dumpster.

• wiser
    wiser

Watchtower is the most widely spread magazine in the world. As a non JW this literature is deposited omy door. Itgoes from the door to the trash.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Wiser.

Glad you joined!

Syl

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I just wonder: I was a MS and was going to every meeting and being told that I MUST read the Watchtower and Awake so I can get everlasting life, and I didn't pick one up and look at it for years except to offer them to a householder. I literally went years without reading a single issue.

Do people at the door really read them? I'm gonna say very few. Unless the subject on the cover for some reason really interests them or relates to a problem they are going through at the time perhaps...

Just my opinion..

-mentallyfree31-

• Think About It
    Think About It

The WT might be the most printed magazine in the world, but that doesn't mean much when you actually know how many go unread.

Wiser........welcome to the forum.

Think About It

• not a captive
    not a captive

I didn't know who those people(JW's) were for years because I didn't really "get" what they were about. Then after I was fairly disillusioned with other churches they came knocking with a magazine that was just what hooked me: an AWAKE! with a picture of religious leaders from around the world gathering for "peace" prayers. I read it, and eventually got my own free home Bible study.

I read them but there was so much to do that I only got to do a "once over" when I got them.

How could elders amd servants read them and study them? Work, elders meetings, family life, meetings and meeting parts. You know the elders who loved God and their bros. and sisters really do have it hard. It puts them on the rack. I know there were some that were really,really upset when I left.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Bump.

Anyone see that they are promoting Angels and Women over there? Check out the wall.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

ha, ha yeah right, i find the magz on top of the train station excaltor being ripped to shreads..... i use them to train my new bulldog on how to pee. lolololol....

• undercover
    undercover

Most widely spread...

Sure, when you've got millions of unpaid volunteer workers who willingly knock on doors and give them away for a donation, leave them in laundromats and give them away at hospitals all over the world, I'm sure you cover more territory than magazines that rely on paid subscribtions or newstand sales...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit