To Anyone at Bethel-Please pick up Ray's Torch

by WalkTall 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Interesting question, designs. From what I have read, I think it could be.

• designs
    designs

It sounded like there was such stuttering and himhawing to explain this new ( actually old as in the 1919 revision ) solution that even a sleezy used car salesman will give up eventually.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I felt the same way when I heard that talk on that link.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The torch is one that we all must pick up.

BTS

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I don't think anyone can ever top what Mr. Franz did. He was the first person to write about the organization who had experienced it at the very highest levels. He was privy to far more information than even most Bethelites are. You may be at the headquarters when you're a Bethelite, but you still don't actually get to see the machine work. I don't think Crisis of Conscience could be equaled in that respect.

• little witch
    little witch

WalkTall,

Of course we can grieve someone we do not know. For example JFK. How many actually "met" Him, vs how many grieved the loss of Him?

He is still grieved and honored by millions of people. He has a legacy. We never knew Florence Nightengale, but we still honor her and grieve her absence.

Point being that Mr. Franz will be forever honored and respected regardless. Take cheer, and celebrate the life of a leader of morals and rightousness! May his legacy and all of ours resound for the good of mankind!

Lw

• flipper
    flipper

I agree with Burn the Ships - " The torch is one that we all must pick up. " I totally agree. Good one

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think everyone can do at least a little. From the regular publisher that still attends the Kingdumb Hell occasionally to those in Beth Hell that can access "new light" before the regular witlesses get it, each and every time we post something we personally experienced, we are carrying his work forward just a little. No, we will never be able to do it to the same extent: Crisis of Conscience was a work based on totally inside information, and most of us don't have that kind of information.

Specifically, and especially those who still attend boasting sessions, if we post what we hear on this and like forums, we are pushing his work ahead a tiny bit. Every time we see a post of the Grand Boasting Session and what goes on there, Ray's work is forwarded just a little bit. Every time someone posts a Kingdumb Misery or a Washtowel rag months before it becomes "new light" for the witlesses, Ray's work is forwarded a little bit. Every time someone attends a boasting session and posts what went on at the Kingdumb Hell, Ray's work is forwarded a little. Every time Blondie or Lukewarm post a commentary on a book study or Washtowel study, Ray's work is forwarded a little.

I doubt anyone who is currently at the top is going to pick up where Raymond Franz left off. Ray was in it for the truth, and did all he could within the religion to improve it. The others, all humanoids, are in it for the power and money and are doing all they can to oppress the flock. They are going to read requests to pick up the ball and laugh at it, since they do not want to give up the power and money that comes with their activity. And none have the courage that Raymond Franz had, let alone the courage that Jesus had, to suffer the consequences when they break the Establishment and teach the real truth as best they can.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

BurntheShips said:

The torch is one that we all must pick up.

Bravo, Burn.

• laverite
    laverite

Ray Franz was one in a million! It's hard to imagine anyone being able to match what he was able to do. He was a true scholar and a gentleman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit