The one good thing about Ray's death.

by yesidid 11 Replies latest jw friends

• yesidid
    yesidid

Apparently it was painless and without trauma for him.

He deserved that.

• yesidid
    yesidid

The reason I wrote the above is that I have been so distressed by his passing, and have been trying hard to find something positive.

That's all I could come up with.

P.s I have cried more about Ray than about my own father.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

That’s very true. I’ve had family members die from cancer and there’s nothing as horrible, with no guarantee of a positive outcome. Or he could have had Alzheimer’s, and Cynthia would have had the burden of caring for a man who didn’t know who she was.

They say having a stroke starts with a really bad headache, so hopefully, if he did feel anything, that was all Ray would have felt before he became unconscious.

I also think of how lucky Ray and Cynthia were to have each other for so long. How many of us are either single, or unhappily married?

I would have loved to have heard Cynthia’s side of the story. She wasn’t df’d, but treated as such because of who she was married to. Which is just a sign of how the WTS views women in the Borg.

I think it’s a good idea to look at the positives when someone dies.

Weep not that he has died, but celebrate that he had lived.

• free2beme
    free2beme

He lived 10 years past the average life span of men. Think of this though, he now knows something that confounded him, on both sides of the fence of the watchtower in and out. What happens at death! So do not be sad over his loss, be happy over his victories. Victory to stay true to his thoughts til death and not be one who goes in and out of the organization. Victory to live that long, and 88 is a long time. Not exactly cut short in life, in the least. Feeling destressed over a man who you never met, when his words are what really affected you ... seems odd. As the words are still there, you can read those when ever you want. No man is a god, no man is worth looking up to that much ... oh, and no woman too. ;)

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

The hardest part of dying is knowing that your going to die soon. Ray did not have to experience that trauma.

LD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is the good thing--no long term pain and suffering. However, I would have liked it better if it had been closer to age 120.

• not a captive
    not a captive

Yesidid, I feel the same about his passing so quickly and without trauma--for him. To have relative health and vigor--he was outside after all on a walk--and then just to go. Even that he was there a while is not terrible. No chance for futile medical efforts to prolong a damaged brain. Yet, mercifully Cynthia found him before he had died.

I hope the same for myself. And I hope to live so faithfully.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Hopefully, now in Heaven, he can speed things up to bring the Watchtower down.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I feel the same as not a captive. He seems to have passed quickly and with little pain or trauma. He lived in his own home and was able to walk out to the road everyday and get his mail. Many, many 88 year olds cannot do that. May I live to 88 and go in the same way.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Ray Franz will always live in our hearts...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit