Thank You Raymond Franz

by Guest with Questions 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

With sadness we just heard that you have gone home.

This is a simple note of gratitude.

You were instrumental in my 80 year old mom leaving this organization after 37 years.

She is so thankful that she finally realized that this organization is a high control cult.

She is in a much better place and feels closer to "Jehovah" God and Jesus than she ever did as a witness.

Because of you my mom and I are rebuilding our relationship.

Going Home: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYl4Xb4cDQ8

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thank you for who you were and all that you did while here with us. Thank you.

Rest in peace, light, and joy.

Love,
    Baba.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Thank you for your very enlightening books about what really goes on inside the Jehovah's Witness religion.

Thank you for having the courage to tell the truth to the whole world. It would have been far easier for you to just keep quiet, put your head down and have an easy life.

My condolences to your family. You will be missed.

• mrsjones5
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

bttt

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

The day I forgot about Raymond Franz will be the day they bury me in a cemetary. He has helped me to take control of my life back, and quit living in a fantasy world. It's a work in progress, but I will succeed.

Thank you Raymond Franz. You will never be forgotten. I will speak about the good things you have done for the rest of my life.

-mentallyfree31-

• flipper
    flipper

Thank you Ray our friend for freeing our minds of cult mind control. Your spirit will live on and I dedicate this beautiful and lovely tune to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwht3dDPL_Q

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Even though personally I would have quit being a witless either way, I still appreciate all that Raymond Franz has done. As a Governing Body member, he did all he could to get the religion in compliance with the Bible. That he was not successful was the result of the 2/3 majority rule and that everyone else would be bickering every time he tried changing things. One thing I did note that he did accomplish while in the Governing Body was getting oral sex within marriage reduced from a judicial offense to a conscience matter.

And, after he was put out of the religion for trying to set it straight, he continued, at great personal expense, to help others. He revealed the truth about what goes on in those meetings, and that they are nothing more than the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class (with the exception of Ray himself, of course). This caused the witlesses to hate him more--first he tried to undo their work at oppressing the flock, and now he is trying to expose it and lead others away from the cancer. This cost him any chance of getting back any position within the religion.

I did notice that things started going downhill after Ray was booted from the congregation. All the gatherings that the witlesses used to have were starting to be phased out. Bit by bit, all the fun was removed from the witlesses' private lives. They have cracked down on independent thinking of all kinds. And now, this "a generation" comes along, and people are not supposed to do anything that resembles research on it, outside Washtowel publications (let alone, out of the Bible itself). Not to mention, the number of incoming witlesses from the field died off sharply soon after Ray got booted.

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

I can never thank you Ray Franz enough. May your next stop if any be filled with pleasantness and joy.

DV

• loosie
    loosie

Thank you Ray, for not being afraid to speak out and write about your experiences. I love your books.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit