America Never Even Joined The League Of Nations!

by BluesBrother 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

My knowledge of modern history might be a little thin, gained largely from the books of the WTS and the "outworking of prophecy", so humour me if this is common knowledge to everyone else.

The WTS has identified the characters in Revelation 13 as being 1) The Two Horned Beast = Anglo American Power, and 2) an Image of The Beast = The League of Nations and later on the U.N.O. So we read in Rev. 13 :14-15

“And it misleads those who dwell on the earth, because of the signs that were granted it to perform in the sight of the wild beast, while it tells those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the wild beast that had the sword-stroke and yet revived. And there was granted it to give breath to the image of the wild beast, so that the image of the wild beast should both speak and cause to be killed all those who would not in any way worship the image of the wild beast.”

Having been brought up on statements like these, I had firmly believed that the U S A had been an integral member of that League in 1919.

"The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah”—How?" 1971 p 350

"And in 1919 C.E. this Anglo-American Dual World Power maneuvered the bringing forth of the Eighth World Power, namely, the League of Nations, "

WT 1961 p360
    ...."the Anglo-American dual world power of Britain and America. It appears as with lamblike horns, unaggressive in its nature; but, speaking like the dragon Satan the Devil, it advocates making an “image to the wild beast” to serve as a mouthpiece for satanic propaganda. The League of Nations and its successor the United Nations have proved to be the image of Satan’s entire visible organization. And as the Bible foretold, Britain and America have sponsored it and are responsible for its existence."

WT 1988 6/1 p26"This is exactly what the Anglo-American World Power did. It urged “those who dwell on the earth” to make a League that looked and acted the way great governments do. But really it was only “an image to the wild beast.”

WT 1986 2/1 p6
    , "Britain and America promoted “worship” of the political system. They did this by getting the nations “to make an image to the wild beast.” How did this happen?"

Revelation Climax Book p 194/195

29" What is this “image of the wild beast,” and what is its purpose? The purpose is to promote the worship of the seven-headed wild beast of which it is an image and thus, in effect, to perpetuate the existence of the wild beast. This image is constructed after the seven-headed wild beast revives from its sword stroke, that is, after the end of the first world war. It is no lifeless statue, such as Nebuchadnezzar erected on the plains of Dura. (Daniel 3:1) The two-horned wild beast breathes life into this image so that the image can live and play a role in world history.
    30 The outworking of history identifies this image as the organization proposed, promoted, and supported by Britain and the United States and known initially as the League of Nations."

So I was surprised to discover recently , the following :

Wikipedia :-
    Despite formulating the concept and signing the Covenant, the United States of America never joined the League of Nations.

BBC History - World Wars

Unfortunately, [Woodrow] Wilson's thinking about the way that self-determination would work in the real world, and about getting his idea for a 'community of power' off the ground, remained vague. Partly this was to avoid alarming US isolationist opinion, but in any case, when the League Covenant was agreed at the Paris peace conference in 1919, the US Senate refused to ratify it. How the League would have worked with American participation remains one of the great 'what ifs' of modern history.

A thinking person might ask the questions.

.How could this "beast" be said to "breath life into the "Scarlet Image" if the major partner , USA, refused to join it at all and begged off from ratifying the proposal to join?..and

Why did all the instances of WT discussion over the years fail to make it clear ?

I find that disingenuous in the extreme , in fact dishonest !!!

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

It was however Woodrow Wilson's idea. But with a Republican Senate in control he could not get membership voted in. By not joining America seriously weakened any chances of success the League had.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Wow! What an excellent find!

Thank you - I am going to use this.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

This is stuff most modern witnesses don't even think about anyway, it won't do much good to point it out to them.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

JUST ANOTHER WTS LIE. NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT TO CHECK IT OUT.. BEEN USING IT.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

JUST ANOTHER WTS LIE. NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT TO CHECK IT OUT.. BEEN USING IT.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I knew we never joined it, I also knew it was Wilson's idea. I guess like alot of other BS I just swallowed it when I was absorbed by the borg.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Bookmarked. Bizarre.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

It is not a lie, because it nowhere is stated that the USA joined. To the contrary, it is repetedly stated that they never joined, but that they nonetheless were one of the powers initiating it etc. So you would search in vain for a statement thay they were a member nation. And although it is some years ago that I had my history lessons in school, I know we were always taughts that the USA never joined, so it should come as a surprise to no-one.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    It is not a lie, because it nowhere is stated that the USA joined. To the contrary, it is repetedly stated that they never joined, but that they nonetheless were one of the powers initiating it etc. So you would search in vain for a statement thay they were a member nation. And although it is some years ago that I had my history lessons in school, I know we were always taughts that the USA never joined, so it should come as a surprise to no-one.

I know I cataloged everything I learned in school!

My brain works exactly like a filing cabinet...in that it's very easy to forget to file something important.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit