phone call to Canadian branch office WTS

by Borgdrone 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

I asked why the '1914 Generation' term was removed from the Awake magazine masthead in November of 1995. The brother there told me that Jesus said we are living in a time of change. Does anybody have scriptural proof of this? Does Jesus apply this to his day or our day?

• Gayle
    Gayle

we are living in a time of change.

we are 'always' living in a time of change - not profound!

• sacolton
    sacolton

"Time of Change"????

I think the WTBTS is wanting everyones spare change.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Jesus said we are living in a time of change.."

Soon there will be paper money..

................................ ...OUTLAW

• yknot
    yknot

..........He is reasoning.......

(Matthew 24:32-35) 32 “Now learn from the fig tree as an illustration this point: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, YOU know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also YOU, when YOU see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. 34 Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.

Echoed in....(Mark 13:28-31) 28 “Now from the fig tree learn the illustration: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and puts forth its leaves, YOU know that summer is near. 29 Likewise also YOU, when YOU see these things happening, know that he is near, at the doors. 30 Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen. 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

(Luke 21:29-33) 29 With that he spoke an illustration to them: “Note the fig tree and all the other trees: 30 When they are already in the bud, by observing it YOU know for yourselves that now the summer is near. 31 In this way YOU also, when YOU see these things occurring, know that the kingdom of God is near. 32 Truly I say to YOU, This generation will by no means pass away until all things occur. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.

The application is always to the present-day..... (130 years ago, 130 years in the future)

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Jesus said we are living in a time of change

hey, he stole that line from OBAMA!!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

They made an mistake, they should have printed those generation(s) that witnessed the events of 1914.

In practical terms the Bullshit just waned itself out and they couldn't use it any more.

The publishing company started to create new bullshit which they define as new light to keep the presses rolling

and the money rolling in as well.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Obama is the messiah I think he loaned it to Jesus... Hope and Change.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Malachi 3:6

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

I wiil mail a letter to them this time and get a written response, then I will share the info at his forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit