Not preaching semi okay?

by techdotcom 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

So I havn't gone out in field service in something like 10 years. Doesn't it seem wierd that for a religion and organization that stresses the importance of 'preaching the good news', that not doing so seems so low on the discipline list? Seriously you can miss a couple of meetings and someone will probably feel you out to see if something (spirital or physical) is wrong. But although many of the meetings and parts on assemblies are geared toward preaching and how it's the central purpose of a 'Christian', I've never encountered a person who was punished for not doing so.

Granted if one is ambitious (and every male witness is expected to 'reach out') you would find your MS status revoked but you could still comment and would experience only mild criticizim at worst.

Not that I'm begging to be DF'd over it but it always seemed in-line with the dogma to be more strict about someone blowing off the central purpose of the religion... anyway just seems wierd.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Your just spiritually weak.... LOL

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

If you haven’t gone out in service for 10 years, the elders have probably given up on you, LOL.

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

Yeah, I just think it's funny that out of all the rules a witness is supposed to follow that going out in service gives you recognition as a publisher but no real punishment if you don't. Whereas so many other things that seem less important for a witness can result in a DF.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

C'mon now, stop giving ideas to lurking Borg associates...:-)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I seem to get away with it too.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

They don't do it because, as my old-pioneer elder pal used to say "Your average elder doesn't go out in service.".

It's hard for a hounder to hound you for not doing what they don't do.

I remember when I was pioneering-working, full-time and serving as an MS and my jack-ass book study overseer who never went out himself saying to me "Gub...The brothers have been discussing you and were wondering why you didn't have any studies." (he had none).

I said..."Because I haven't found any sheep, yet. You wanna come out with me this evening after work and show me how it's done?"

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Perhaps you are not a Witness anymore

• pirata
    pirata

Only the "Do not's" seem to be punished. Not doing the "Do's" usually just get you labelled spiritually weak.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

You can be disfellowshipped for things that are NOT in the Bible.

The Society says that preaching door-to-door is a direct command in the Bible.

Why don't you get DF'd for not going in service but you can be for smoking a stogie?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit