New Generation Understanding gives further reasons not to watch Star Trek reruns

by pirata 13 Replies latest jw friends

• pirata
    pirata

The new light on the Generation gives us even further reason not to watch Star Trek re-runs.

The title "Star Trek - The Next Generation" misleads people about the real meaning of what is meant by a "Generation".

Evidently the lives of Starfleet officers who served aboard USS Enterprise NCC-1701 would overlap with those who served aboard the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D. Since Spock and McCoy's life overlapped with Picard's, they were contemporaries, and thus of the same generation.

If the producers of the show were truly sincere in advocating the truth, they would have titled the show "Star Trek - The Contemporary Overlapping Generation Continued".

My dear brothers and sisters: Let us be resolved never to be deceived the by the deceptive entertainment of this world!

[ APPLAUSE ]

• Psychotic Parrot
  • watson
  • Think About It
    Think About It

Picard just heard about the generation new light.

Think About It

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Hahahaha! I should share this with my Star Trek loving husband.

• ziddina
  • Jankyn
    Jankyn

I love it! (And that's a useful explanation, given how many JWs I know that are total Trekkers!)

• StAnn
    StAnn

Let me make sure I understand this. Since Spock and McCoy's life overlapped with Picard's, they are part of the same "generation." Well, since Naomi Wildman's (born in the Delta Quadrant on Star Trek Voyager) life overlapped with Picard in his old age, does that make her part of this same generation? When does the generation stop? Would Naomi's grandchildren, if she were still alive at their birth, be part of the generation also since they overlap with Naomi who overlapped with Picard who overlapped with Spock and McCoy????

This could be a Never-Ending Generation Chain.

StAnn

• ziddina
    ziddina

"This could be a Never-Ending Generation Chain..."

Urk. I think that's the idea... Somewhere else I posted something to the effect of, "Why stop at 2 overlapping generations?? Why not carry it out to 4 - 8 - 100 - 2,000 generations??? The illogic used in overlapping two generations could be stretched out eternally..."

Something like that...

I initially woke up - at the age of 7 - after realizing the bible was talking about an erupting volcano, but that the god of the Isra-EL-ites DIDN'T know what it was... And after several other significant events...

What is it going to take to wake these people up???

• four candles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit