Self-serving slave.

by transhuman68 4 Replies latest jw friends

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I was reading an autobiography of a young man who inherited a publishing empire, and his only purpose in life was to preserve the wealth that he controlled. The WTS seems to have the same ambition- keeping itself relevant and viable by any means available. They try to use any current event or political situation as a fulfillment of Bible prophecy, and when that fails they just say 'Wait on Jehovah'. It is a cynical game played over and over again with each new generation of Witnesses. They are corporation men- their primary loyalty is to the empire they have inherited.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Hole in one!

• designs
    designs

Ditto for all of Religion.

Pick your Tribe er Denomination-

Presbyterian General Assembly

Lutheran Synods

Church of Rome

Anglican

Trinity Broadcast Network

Calvary Chapel

etc..

Its mostly about keeping the $$$ rolling in and retaining authority (control) over people's lives.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I would say there is a difference in other religions...generally speaking they exercise much less control over their flocks. Their dogma may state it, but few enforce it to the degree of JW's and other high control groups. IMHO.

• designs
    designs

Dagney-

I think you are right about a lot of churches. In the local Lutheran and Presbyterian Church you can't take communion without having gone through their version of catechism and are a member in good standing. And with the local Calvary Chapel if you don't espouse the Fundamentalist party line you get called the (H) word.....Hairy-tic

Progressives not welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit