Look for internet bashing at district assemblies.

by spectromize 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• spectromize
    spectromize

I have no doubt in my mind that the society will bash the internet with a part at the district assemblies. The reason I say this is because if you look at the worldwide reports there has been a decline in publishers in the more industrialized countries who have access to the internet.

Some of the brothers and sisters are finding out the contradictions that we hold in regards to some of our teachings and the constant change of views on issues of voting, blood, donations, new light ect...

For example do any of you know that in Bulgaria you will not be disfellowshipped if you take a blood transfusion. Yes that's right, you will not be disfellowshipped because the society signed a document with the european commission promising not to take sanctions against any of it's members if they choose to take blood, in exchange for legal status in that country.

Another thing that comes as a shock to many brothers and sisters is how the society filed a brief, as a friend of the court, supporting Jimmy Swaggart in his fight against paying taxes on religious publications in a california court.

Very few of your local elders are aware the society has done this, and are shocked and surprise when they check in with the society and receive a confirmation along with an excuse.

So you see they have no choice but to bash the internet, we are finding out to many hidden secrets.

Look for parts on bashing websites owned by brothers and sisters and copyright infringements of the society's publication.( It's funny how Jehovah God has no problem with distributing His Holy Word worldwide in as many countries as possible in as many languages as possible. Because it is a life saving message, I think copyright is the last thing on Jehovah's mind.)

Also look for a lot of guilt trippings such as :

" Strong brothers and sisters devote more time to study, service...and less time on the internet."

"Would we want to associate with bad company...on the internet..."

"Many have left their mates because ...of the internet."

"Would you want to stumble a brother or a sister ...on the internet?"

So you get the picture.
    But I'm sure there will be good parts too, so make sure you reserve your motel accomadations early.

• SYN
    SYN

Judging by the tone of your post, you're still in the Organization...

Once you realize exactly how many basic doctrines of the Society are questionable, if not downright MURDEROUS (the Blood issue being a prime example), you will leave soon, and become an Apostate in Good Standing. :)

Welcome to the sight, and we're hoping to hear more from you soon!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I believe it Spectromize.

The internet will be the main focus of their drivel for the next while.

What's next? Hmm...television, radio, pencils,...macaroni & cheese?

Demons everywhere I tell ya' (they're in the those little packets inside the mac & cheese).

• Seven
    Seven

Hey Spec, I was surprised to see your post this morning-until I saw it was from 2K. If you're lurking drop in and say hello.

cheers,

seven

• obiwan
    obiwan

You know the more I find out about the org the more ticked off I get and more amazed at the fact so many are still in.

• stichione
    stichione

The internet may very well be the single biggest threat to the expansion of the WTS. Once people log on, even out of curiosity, and start reading the tons of stuff thats out there, they are in for a real shock. Then they're faced with a choice: forget everything they read or keep reading...become inactive... stop going to meetings...and simply drift away.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: For example do any of you know that in Bulgaria you will not be disfellowshipped if you take a blood transfusion. Yes that's right, you will not be disfellowshipped because the society signed a document with the european commission promising not to take sanctions against any of it's members if they choose to take blood, in exchange for legal status in that country.

It's been several years since this happened, but if I recall correctly, the WTS said there would be no AUTOMATIC sanctions if one took blood in that document they signed.

Doh! No disfellowshipping is automatic! There must first be a kangaroo court, and THEN they DF you. So you see, there is no "automatic" DFing!

It was Watchtower deception at its finest.

Perhaps they got caught in that deception with the Bulgarian Government and swore to not disfellowship under any circumstances if a dub took blood to save his/her life, but as I said, it was several years ago, and I forget what the final document they signed actually said.

Farkel

• dmouse
    dmouse

Actually, it gets weirder. Taking a blood transfusion (and not begging for forgiveness afterwards) became a disfellowshipping offence in 1961.

However, since the Bulgaria agreement it has become WBTS policy NOT to disfellowship. BUT this is not written down in any society literature - a letter was sent to COs and read to the elders (I think you can find a copy on http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/breaking.shtml).

So you will no longer be disfellowshipped for having a blood transfusion but the rank and file have not been told!!!!!

However, the punishment is that you will have disassociated yourself. And we all know there is really no difference except to say that, technically, the Society has not applied any sanctions! You have removed yourself! Sneaky eh?

• freedom96
    freedom96

And we all know that da'ing oneself is much worse than getting df'd.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

The internet was loosely covered at the convention. A "demonstration" was shown with a guy looking for jehovah's witness relief on a search engine and coming across an anti jw site, he immediately shut it down and reprimanded himself for nearly exposing himself to apostate teaching lol.

I don't think the society wants to dwell on the issue of the internet too much, last thing they want to do is draw attention to the fact that sites which tell the truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit