Claim that Ray Franz has died

by MrMonroe 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

It may be a hoax and I hope it is just that, but someone in Birmingham, Alabama has posted on Ray's Wikipedia article that he died today while walking. The anon user is insisting it is true and that he/she is Ray's friend. Anyone heard anything?

• MrMonroe
  • compound complex
  • asilentone
    asilentone

I do not think he died or we would have known immediately if he died. Ray Franz has many friends, one of his friends will post about it here on JWN.

• steve2
    steve2

The crazy-making haste with which the so-called "friend" of Ray's needed to have it added to wikipedia says a lot (and even argued about it!).

Even if it turns out to be accurate, I'd wonder about the mentality of someone who absolutely needs to amend an internet site in order to be the "first" with the news. Don't they realise that moderators have a duty to seek evidence for "mere" claims?

The undue haste makes a mockery of decency.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Bunk.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Ray Franz has had a stroke. He is in the hospital, but he is still alive. I am on the Board of BRCI, (Debbie Shard) and I just spoke to Dan Dykstra (also on the board) who was at the hospital with him yesterday, and is on his way back there now.

We will keep you posted. Please pray for Ray and his wife Cynthia.

Coffee

• asilentone
    asilentone

You might want to start a new thread, so others that have been here might think it is a hoax thread. Thanks!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe this is another hoax--it was just a stroke. Not that "just a stroke" is not serious--or that it could eventually lead to his death. But, for now, he is still alive. Remember, a while ago, Ted Jaracz had "just a stroke", and I think that scumbag is still very much alive.

If Jaracz survived his stroke, Ray Franz sure deserves to as well. Not only that, I think nothing would be more of a slap in the face of the witlesses than having Raymond Franz live past age 110 in good health while his contemporaries that are still running the witlesses die at younger ages.

• Paulg123
    Paulg123

Ray had a stroke yesterday while walking his dog. He did not die however. he had a massive onemand no one found him for a few hours after it happened. I am Peter Gregerson's nephew and he told us that story yesterday. we were very close. I put the part about the stroke but i'm not sure how the death part happened on wikipedia. I'm going to edit it right now though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit