Convention

by CrimsonAshes 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Incognito
    Incognito

Sounds like the usual JW description of every meeting, talk or article when there is nothing specific to say.

• 'Interesting!'
    • 'Very interesting!'
    • 'In Depth'
    • 'Deep'
    • 'Thought Provoking'
    • 'Encouraging'
    • 'Up Building'
    • 'Enjoyable'

Always made me wonder when someone used these words if they actually had learned, heard or understood anything but felt obligated to say something seemingly positive.

INTERESTING!

• watson
    watson

"It was the best one yet!"

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I double that watson: "it was the bestus one ever"

and I gotta add: "we are now soooooooooooooooooo (we can add another "o" every convention) close"

• nelly136
    nelly136

**It was unbelievable** yup can understand that!

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Did they have any recycled old new resolutions at this one? They like to do that every few years to seem all official & important & stir up anxiety for the big A.

"All those in favour, please say AYE!"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

These things are always a waste of my time and energy to attend. When I attended them, I had to take the weekend and the previous Friday off for it. All the "sisters" treated me as if it was inherently wrong for me to have any interest in them, and that I had no business with them. Then, when it was time to sit down and listen to that "music(??)", it was totally unenjoyable. The programs hounded people to pio-sneer and to get rid of anything that could provide enjoyment. Sometimes, new releases would come out--always identical to the other littera-trash in the course it takes. It was not worth it.

As for "a generation", I already printed up a copy of the outline despite the Washtowel's best effort to get it off the Internet. And they are telling me that "a generation" ties in with Joseph and his brothers--at least the Trinity doctrine, which they bash as confusing, is stable and has been since its inception.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The adjective "deep" is a word used by dubs to describe an article that they do not understand. The reason that a normal person does not understand has nothing to do with their powers of cognition. It is because the article provides not a single sensible fact to support its' bizarre conclusion..

Rather than honestly admitting that this sounds stupid.....the dub has to blame himself and say "This is rather deep for me "

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

rather deep? I think the ones with IQ<50 can parrot any new teaching.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

yah, it is so deep, after talking about how the overlapping contemporaries make for a generation the speaker paused and said "are you still with me" (laughter) talk continues

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nothing fills your Head,full of Shit faster..

Than..

"WBT$ Snake Oil!!"..

Available only,at WBT$ Events..

http://corecompany.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/snake-oil-cables.jpg

.................................. ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit