Elders manual on ebay

by why144000 21 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

You should always expect flack for items like that. A Few Years I auctioned off disfellowshipping forms, with the envelopes that is addressed to the Society. I got dozens of hate mail via ebay. Stupid comments like "How could you do this?", "I'm gonna report you to the elders", yadda yadda. I thold them,why don't you bid on it, so that it doesn't get into the hands of the public. when the bid was over, I auctioned off another one. I had a whole stack of these papers.

• not a captive
    not a captive

I love it.

• yknot
    yknot

Nope......

Shouldn't be too much of a problem......

I see you have noted that you purchased the book at a thriftstore.....

To stir up trouble would cause suspect attention....

The WTS would do better to purchase the book from you privately.

• Chalam
    Chalam

aSphereisnotaCircle Why not start the bidding at $144,000.

That's a bit steep! I think $607 is more the mark ;)

Blessings,

Stephen

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

If you can still edit your auction you should put in the words "Jehovah's Witnesses" and "Watchtower." Otherwise, ebay search engine searches will not lead many potential buyers to your auction. In fact, if you can put them in your title description that's even better. Perhaps something like:

"Pay Attention Book: Jehovah's Witness Elders' Manual

Published by Watchtower in 1991"

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Just to add....I don't think there'd be a problem. It's a book you obtained from a second-hand store. Now, if you were to scan it and put it online-- then you'd have trouble on your hands.

Selling a book you bought yourself is no problem.

• yknot
    yknot

But that said.....

If you would be so kind......

Please compare the notations to this book..

http://www.4shared.com/file/62487460/676fa4ef/1991-Pay-Attention-Elders-Manual_with_NOTES.html?dirPwdVerified=d6acb320

And post any differing or newer comments found in your hardcopy....

Please, please, please purdy please!!!!

Thank you

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

you never put in: secret manual given to elders only

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    you never put in: secret manual given to elders only

Don't put that in either. It isn't secret.

Most R & F know about it, they just aren't issued one.

It is perfectly normal and acceptable for any organisation to have some form of instruction manual.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Hello Black Sheep. Of course it is normal for an organization to have an instruction manual and while the rank and file are aware of the existence of the elder's manual, they also know that it is just for elders and not for their eyes. Therefore, the contents of the manual are secret to them. It is to be possessed and read only by elders. When the elder steps downs or ceases to be an elder then the maual is to be turned in. This makes it more valuable in the eyes of those who want to be privy to its contents. The fact that it is a restricted book is why it will sell for more than just an ordinary witness book. '

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit